Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Apple TV and Airplay firmware update not available?

(Topic created on: 17-05-2019 11:57 AM)
Saracen
Apprentice
Options

The new firmware for the 2018 and 2019 Samsung TVs to support Airplay 2 and the Apple TV app has been announced and plenty of people have posted photos of it working. But my TV can't seem to find an update from its current v. 1251 firmware. And the support pages on the Samsung website don't list a newer firmware. Anyone had success getting this update?

160 REPLIES 160
JPhi
Journeyman
Options

Same issue with a UE43NU7120 model

No update available (still 1252)

No AppleTV app available (even after reset smarthub)

Any idea ? Thx 

0 Likes
CptGorn
Apprentice
Options

Not available on QE55Q7FAM either. Firmware version 1270.3

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi all. Please note that Apple TV and Apple Airplay are not currently available on UE**NU7020/21 and UE**7120/21 TV's.

We are currently working on enabling this functionality and it will be enabled via a Firmware update. We have no timescale for this to occur but please make sure your TV firmware is always up to date.

Lucbzh
First Poster
Options

Same issue with a UE40NU7192 model

No update since 1252 firmware

No AppleTV app available (even after reset smarthub)

0 Likes
CptGorn
Apprentice
Options

Any info on QE models?

graham31
Apprentice
Options

Hi chris 

thanks for the info and getting back to me

NickosD
Journeyman
Options

@ChrisM wrote:

Hi all. Please note that Apple TV and Apple Airplay are not currently available on UE**NU7020/21 and UE**7120/21 TV's.

We are currently working on enabling this functionality and it will be enabled via a Firmware update. We have no timescale for this to occur but please make sure your TV firmware is always up to date.

So, I guess this doesnt affect me, right? (UE43NU7092) Or maybe it doesnt matter (i guess the bold number shows the country originated for.

0 Likes
Heckjr06
First Poster
Options

Hello Chris,

I have a 55 inch NU6900 with software 1251.0 and the Apple TV app/Airplay are not available.  I restarted Hub as suggested to no avail. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @NickosD and @Heckjr06 

As your TV's are not manufactured for the EU you won't have access to these services we're afraid.

0 Likes
NickosD
Journeyman
Options

@ChrisM wrote:

Hi @NickosD and @Heckjr06 

As your TV's are not manufactured for the EU you won't have access to these services we're afraid.

If i'm not mistaken, my tv was either for Italy or Poland. Anyway, it's made for Europe, since the stores in Greece either have official products made for Greece or they import products from Europe.

0 Likes