Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 65Q7 screen is this screen ok?

(Topic created on: 20-03-2018 06:05 PM)
Uninterred
Apprentice
Options

Got a new 65 Q7 a week and a bit ago. Is this screen within acceptable tolerance. Pic hasn’t came out great but there’s visible verticle lines that have a purpleish tinge to them and darkened corners. Just want to check if this is ok. More visible on a grey image. Just swapped from an OLED which was fairly uniform. Sorry picture is upside it kept loading like that, and even when I swapped the picture the other way up it still came out upside down.4527BBD4-622B-430B-ADCB-C783EB1C9E36.jpeg

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Leg2ion
Pathfinder
Options

I have a 49" Q7, and had to exchange my first one as it had vertical banding. Not sure what it was like when viewing a blank screen, but it became fairly obvious when viewing sports on a green pitch and the camera panned sideways. It was also visible on the test screen. I contacted Samsung support, and we went through a TV reset, firmware update etc all to no avail, and they confirmed I would be better off exchanging the TV for a new one as it was only around 1 - 2 weeks old. This was carried out with no problems at all by the vendor I purchased it from - who were very understanding.

Photos below are of my screen before I changed it - you can just about see the banding.

Banding 2.jpgBanding1.jpg