Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 43 NeoQled TV not compatible with BBC iplayer?

(Topic created on: 09-06-2024 04:32 PM)
tcnunes
First Poster
Options
Hi, just upgraded our old TV to the new Samsung neo QLED 2024. Trying to install bbc iplayer it won't work. I was told that BBC did not certify Samsung tvs, thus iplayer cannot be installed. Is this correct?
0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21
Peter A
First Poster
Options

Agreed, it’s shocking Launch planning on behalf of Samsung. I asked them (as you must nowadays) if they would like to go to mediation before I launch a Small Claims Court claim, but none of the team that I spoke to seem to understand what I mean. They simply haven’t answered the question so I have had to assume they aren’t interested in mediation at all.

0 Likes
nickcloke
Apprentice
Options
Anyone had any updates on this? Either a former date of when it will be launched or confirmed compensation for misselling (if you bought from Samsung direct).

I'm surprised this issue hasn't got more traction on industry websites.
0 Likes
Robbo1530
Apprentice
Options

was just about to ask the same. I updated software yesterday thinking the apps would appear but no joy.

having spent a fortune on the tv I’m going to be mightily p****d if I can’t watch UHD Euro footy.

0 Likes
JVG95
Explorer
Options

It looks like things have moved forward.

The BBC website is now listing support for 2024 Samsung TV Models

Samsung devices certified for BBC iPlayer | iPlayer help

0 Likes
JVG95
Explorer
Options

The BBC has updated it's guidance on Samsung 2024 TV's supporting iPlayer:

Samsung devices certified for BBC iPlayer | iPlayer help

Manufacturer Year Model

Samsung2024QE43Q67DAUXXU
Samsung2024QE50Q67DAUXXU
Samsung2024QE55Q67DAUXXU
Samsung2024QE65Q67DAUXXU
Samsung2024QE75Q67DAUXXU
Samsung2024QE43Q60DAUXXU
Samsung2024QE65Q60DAUXXU
Samsung2024QE50Q60DAUXXU
Samsung2024QE55Q60DAUXXU
Samsung2024QE75Q60DAUXXU
Samsung2024QE85Q60DAUXXU
Samsung2024Q65D
Samsung2024Q60D
Robbo1530
Apprentice
Options

Sadly my TV which cost an arm and a leg not on there. It better be coming…

0 Likes
Members_hmQG2VY
First Poster
Options

My super expensive flagship is not listed either however I think we have a workaround and also might indicate an update is imminent.

In the last 2-3 days I've noticed I get a start from the beginning message on screen when I navigate to a BBC channel and selcte a program that is part aired on the GUIDE, this is flagged as IPlayer and has a green image and return icon. So I click the prompt and hey presto it loads IPlayer and I can navigate to the search menu. Haven't needed it yet, but I tried "start from beginning" on a football match the other day and it loaded fine.    

richard_123
First Poster
Options

Any more news on this? I have the same issue and mostly the same responses as everyone else. I just pointed out to the lady on chat support that my TV was listed as certified but they won't give a timescale. They do say that it will be launching on all 2024 TV's automatically so I guess it's a waiting game

0 Likes
clonie
First Poster
Options
Qn95d now has iplayer and ch4
Robbo1530
Apprentice
Options

Just checked and my S95D now has Iplayer and 4. Better late than never.