Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network files not showing up on tv

(Topic created on: 03-04-2022 06:24 PM)
joboy47
First Poster
Options

I have a network drive with movies that I can see from other computers. The TV sees the drive but only shows some of the files. Computers see all of the files but the TV only sees about 120 (there are over 1000) I was wondering if there is a fix or does the TV limit how many files can be seen?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
joboy47
First Poster
Options

The TV is Samsung - 65" Class Q70A Series QLED 4K UHD Smart Tizen TV and the drive is actually a shared drive attached to my computer. It is the Video folder in Windows 10.  Once again the TV sees the drive but not all of the files on the drive.

0 Likes
Members_q1W41Yp
First Poster
Options

Check the file types that you can see against those you cannot. It maybe that the TV is only showing those that it can play directly

joboy47
First Poster
Options

I have 3 file types avi, mkv and mp4 all of which show up on the tv. 

0 Likes
UnKnown_one
Journeyman
Options
Check the tv booklet,codecs mpeg4 mpeg2,avi ect,i have similar issues depending which tv i use,you could convert the videos on your pc easy enough to any format you like.search video conversion software.
0 Likes
joboy47
First Poster
Options

Thanks all for your input. It turned out to be two things. First was that I reshared the files and folder on the computer. The big thing was that I used a different option on the TV. The TV shows the computer name as available and that is the one that I was using. It works fine on a computer but on the TV it seems to limit the files. The other option on the TV shows up as LGPC and when I used that all files and folders show up. The replays work fine.

0 Likes