Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Netflix sound not working on UE50NU7400 with digital output

(Topic created on: 31-07-2020 10:28 AM)
Alan2018
Journeyman
Options

I've had a Samsung Smart TV linked via an optical out cable to a Marantz CR610 hifi system for 4 years and everything worked OK, including Netflix.

The old TV gave up the ghost, so in September I bought a new Samsung UE50NU7400 4K TV, connecting it exactly the same way as the old TV.

The sound from the TV to the Marantz system works fine, just as before, whether the content comes direct from the TV or from the Sky box which.  The one probem is Netflix.  Netflix works fine through the TV speakers, but if I switch on the Marantz system the Netflix app carries on playing the picture, but no sound comes through the optical out cable to the Marantz system - we just get silence.

It appears to be a weird aspect of the Netflix app, but since it worked on the old Samsung TV it seems odd that it's stopped working on the new one.

Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks.

135 REPLIES 135
Bsheff
First Poster
Options

I got the update installed last night. All my apps now play through my optical output and hdmi arc output. Appreciate the follow through from Samsung. They must have been aware of issue. Although it would have been nice to see some communication from Samsung as to status in this thread since they are monitoring it.

0 Likes
HarshaDatla
First Poster
Options

Dear All

This is Harsha from UK, finally I got my update last night. when this thread was started 6-7 months ago, I thought this would be a long wait. I'm glad at least they have rectified the issue. Now I can finally enjoy the netflix through my TV and AV. Have a good one guys.

0 Likes
Skramit
Student
Options

Hi All,

for anyone following in Australia or Asia, my TV just auto updated to 1361 and I can confirm Netflix now works via ARC hdmi through my av receiver 

finally Samsung, but took your sweet time....

0 Likes
MarkC_1971
First Poster
Options

Many thanks for sharing this. 

I needed to set the IP settings to 8.8.8.8 as per your example. 

frustrating as anything that “automatic” wasn’t the right choice! Without your guidance, how would we ever know to do this! No logic whatsoever. 

thank you Alan2018

STRGC
First Poster
Options

I know this may still be bothering a few. I connected my Klipsch The Fives yo my Q70 tv. Spotify app worked well and the general geedback tone worked. Just not Netflix or Prime etc.

I ended up changing the output format on the tv to PCM and that solved it.

The instruction came from Klipsch troubleshooting page on connecting gia ARC.

I hope it helps someone

0 Likes
Tophershane
First Poster
Options

Has to be the Netflix app. I have the optical from TV going to an RCA converter into a mixer then to an audio interface out to studio speakers via 1/4 line cable. Playing Spotify works fine but not Netflix. 

0 Likes