Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Netflix sound not working on UE50NU7400 with digital output

(Topic created on: 21-07-2020 02:32 AM)
Alan2018
Journeyman
Options

I've had a Samsung Smart TV linked via an optical out cable to a Marantz CR610 hifi system for 4 years and everything worked OK, including Netflix.

The old TV gave up the ghost, so in September I bought a new Samsung UE50NU7400 4K TV, connecting it exactly the same way as the old TV.

The sound from the TV to the Marantz system works fine, just as before, whether the content comes direct from the TV or from the Sky box which.  The one probem is Netflix.  Netflix works fine through the TV speakers, but if I switch on the Marantz system the Netflix app carries on playing the picture, but no sound comes through the optical out cable to the Marantz system - we just get silence.

It appears to be a weird aspect of the Netflix app, but since it worked on the old Samsung TV it seems odd that it's stopped working on the new one.

Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks.

135 REPLIES 135
Skramit
Student
Options

@nicknothappy wrote:

Big day!

Finally an update.... 1361.0

I am happy to report... After months and months of waiting; Samsung has fixed the sound from Netflix via HDMI to an AV amp issue. 

So ladies and gents please check for your updates. Please note Samsung rolls outs the update in different regions at different times. But for those living in Montreal Canada (me) have firmware 1361.0.  and it WORKs. 

Cheers

Nicknothappy.

Well I am happish today.

Wow that is good news....! What model TV do you have BTW?

I just checked for updates here in Australia and now new updates above 1356......but as you say they tend to roll them out by regions. Fingers crossed we get it here soon!

0 Likes
Eric_in_HK
Explorer
Options

Here in Hong Kong I am still on firmware version 1356, however I upgraded to a new Denon AVR X2600H this week (which supports the latest HDMI and audio standards) and connected it to my Q70 via HDMI ARC and - big surprise - I finally got audio from the Netflix app! Fingers crossed that it'll remain stable and brings the end to my connectivity issues :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Skramit
Student
Options

@Eric_in_HK wrote:

Here in Hong Kong I am still on firmware version 1356, however I upgraded to a new Denon AVR X2600H this week (which supports the latest HDMI and audio standards) and connected it to my Q70 via HDMI ARC and - big surprise - I finally got audio from the Netflix app! Fingers crossed that it'll remain stable and brings the end to my connectivity issues :smiling-face:

Its a shame you had to spend hundreds or thousands on NEW hardware to fix a samsung/netflix software bug though....

I am gonna wait for the firmware 1361 instead.

0 Likes
Drl213
Student
Options

Yeah, here in sunny Florida, I also got the update and it's FINALLY working. So happy to finally have this working. Thanks to everyone who posted so I didn't feel like I had to suffer alone! 

0 Likes
Macstinator
Explorer
Options

13.60 works. 

hurrah. 

how long/how many posts, calls, messages? 

still never buying Samsung again. 

marky_uk
Pioneer
Options

Should this also be available for the Q95T (Q90T without the One Connect box).

I've just checked the UK website and the latest update is 1302.

0 Likes
DAT84
Apprentice
Options

Got update 1361. And.... it's finally fixed on my Q70R! Took them long enough!

Now if Samsung could fix how my TV magically turns itself on 10 seconds after I turn it off, that would be great!

0 Likes
jensta
Explorer
Options

Unfortunately, this update has not reached Australia as yet. I got all excited seeing these posts from around the world but alas, I'm still on 1356 and it says no updates available. 

Fingers crossed it comes soon to Oz!!! 

0 Likes
Poor_guy_2020
Apprentice
Options

Here in HK is still on firmware 1356.... anyway, I guess the update will be coming out faster than the much needed vaccine?

0 Likes
Roybotic
Student
Options

Same! Very sweet. Sorry Australia and HK.  😩

0 Likes