Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Netflix sound not working on UE50NU7400 with digital output

(Topic created on: 02-07-2020 10:15 PM)
Alan2018
Journeyman
Options

I've had a Samsung Smart TV linked via an optical out cable to a Marantz CR610 hifi system for 4 years and everything worked OK, including Netflix.

The old TV gave up the ghost, so in September I bought a new Samsung UE50NU7400 4K TV, connecting it exactly the same way as the old TV.

The sound from the TV to the Marantz system works fine, just as before, whether the content comes direct from the TV or from the Sky box which.  The one probem is Netflix.  Netflix works fine through the TV speakers, but if I switch on the Marantz system the Netflix app carries on playing the picture, but no sound comes through the optical out cable to the Marantz system - we just get silence.

It appears to be a weird aspect of the Netflix app, but since it worked on the old Samsung TV it seems odd that it's stopped working on the new one.

Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks.

135 REPLIES 135
Skramit
Student
Options

Hi all,

I have a Samsung Q80R 65". I have it hooked up via ARC to a Pioneer VSX-832

When I open the Netflix app on the TV, all I get through sound is static and loud auwful noise. Is there a fix for this yet?

I contacted Samsung support chat and they fobbed me off saying this is a Netflix issue.

Everyt other app works fine!

Any help appreciated.

0 Likes
Bsheff
First Poster
Options

I have a q80r 65" and none of the apps play audio out of the optical output. It's not a Netflix issue. They all will play out of the hdmi arc output.

0 Likes
Bsheff
First Poster
Options

Oops..hit send too soon. What version software do you have?

0 Likes
Poor_guy_2020
Apprentice
Options

Suggest you check if your optical cable is working fine first.  The fibre may have been broken already, otherwise it should work fine.

0 Likes
Skramit
Student
Options

I'm using hdmi for ARC not optical. All other apps work fine but not Netflix. It must use a different codec or something? 

Netflix app on my pay tv box works fine through my receiver too. Just not the Samsung tv app. 

0 Likes
Poor_guy_2020
Apprentice
Options
I’m facing same problem, still waiting for Samsung to update the firmware to fix this. Before that, you could hook up your TV with AV amp using optical for a temporary work around
0 Likes
Bsheff
First Poster
Options

My optical cable works fine. Any hdmi inputs play out of optical. DTv, blu ray, appletv. No apps play out of optical. Netflix, amazon prime, you tube, etc...no sound.

0 Likes
PedroWaksman
Student
Options

I also have the same problem with UN50NU7100G. The audio works fine with youtube, the cursor sound when you move it, the cursor sound also works inside the apss like NetFlix, Plex. Even the "Dum Dum" intro from netflix works, but when it start to playing any media sound from some movie, than it outputs only rubish static noise.

0 Likes
Johann6
First Poster
Options

I recently bought the RU7100 55inch model.  Same issue with netflix losing sound someway into a movie ?!?!

Why? using optical out to a Yamaha Soundbar.

0 Likes
nicknothappy
Journeyman
Options

Big day!

Finally an update.... 1361.0

I am happy to report... After months and months of waiting; Samsung has fixed the sound from Netflix via HDMI to an AV amp issue. 

So ladies and gents please check for your updates. Please note Samsung rolls outs the update in different regions at different times. But for those living in Montreal Canada (me) have firmware 1361.0.  and it WORKs. 

Cheers

Nicknothappy.

Well I am happish today.

0 Likes