Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Netflix sound not working on UE50NU7400 with digital output

(Topic created on: 22-02-2020 02:39 AM)
Alan2018
Journeyman
Options

I've had a Samsung Smart TV linked via an optical out cable to a Marantz CR610 hifi system for 4 years and everything worked OK, including Netflix.

The old TV gave up the ghost, so in September I bought a new Samsung UE50NU7400 4K TV, connecting it exactly the same way as the old TV.

The sound from the TV to the Marantz system works fine, just as before, whether the content comes direct from the TV or from the Sky box which.  The one probem is Netflix.  Netflix works fine through the TV speakers, but if I switch on the Marantz system the Netflix app carries on playing the picture, but no sound comes through the optical out cable to the Marantz system - we just get silence.

It appears to be a weird aspect of the Netflix app, but since it worked on the old Samsung TV it seems odd that it's stopped working on the new one.

Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks.

135 REPLIES 135
sloth70
First Poster
Options

Worked for me.

0 Likes
sirdir
Journeyman
Options

only problem is, while in the netflix app, I can't change the sound format at all. geyed out and stuck to dolby digital +

0 Likes
Joel_Norrkoping
First Poster
Options

@sirdir wrote:

only problem is, while in the netflix app, I can't change the sound format at all. geyed out and stuck to dolby digital +

Same here. I have a q90r and I think it is because the 1351 update.

I have been in contact with samsung 7 times but they cant help me.

0 Likes
Marco345
First Poster
Options

Samen problem here. I use an Q85r and cannot change the sound in netflix from Dolby digital+ to Dolby digital because it is greyed out. The sound coming from my av receiver is a scrambled mess. 

0 Likes
Macstinator
Explorer
Options

This is the 1351 update. Totally shafted my Netflix to the point where I can't play it through the receiver. I get a stuttering constant noise. 

Joel_Norrkoping
First Poster
Options

The only way i can get optical PCM to work on netflix is to disconnect all HDMI cables. Maybe it has something to do with HDCP?

0 Likes
sirdir
Journeyman
Options

That would be bad, as I get the sound via HDMI ARC. No optical connection. 

Until recently it worked. Well, had the problem once before, but was able to change from dolby digital+ to digital.. or don't know what I did exactly. 

0 Likes
Macstinator
Explorer
Options
It must be an ARC/HDCP issue, peculiar to netflix, related to the 1351.3 update. unplug/plug hdmi and I have the option to change audio, which works for a few brief moments until the TV overrides.
0 Likes
Panza86
Student
Options

yes, same prob with me - FEb 2020 - going to call samung today

have you had any luck? my issue just started this year with the new update 1531.3

0 Likes
Eric_in_HK
Explorer
Options

Same issue for me. The Digital Output Audio Format is greyed out for some reason and set to Dolby Digital+ when using Netflix app. (My Denon AV can only process Dolby Digital or PCM, but I can't change the format anymore). This must be related to some firmware upgrade since it worked perfectly fine until a few days ago. I connnected my Denon to my Q70 via HDMI ARC.

I am not getting any traction here with Samsung in Hong Kong, so perhaps someone in a different geography has more luck to get their customer service to acknoweldge the issue and work on a resolution.

0 Likes