Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NETFLIX slow connection speed on ue50nu7400

(Topic created on: 21-01-2019 09:18 PM)
Shellshocked77
Apprentice
Options

Hello, I've recently got a new Samsung  ue50nu7400 smart TV and have noticed slow connection speeds whe using NETFLIX.  I say slow, it's a reasonably healthy 10-12 Mb but the TV itself is receiving around 30mb so why is the NETFLIX app slower.  I have used a speedtest on the TV Internet app to check that indeed the WiFi connection speed to the TV is around 30 Meg but when I use the netflix app, it shows a connection speed of a third of this.  It matters as I want to upgrade to netflix ultra HD. On my phone connectwd to the same router netflix is near 30 so it can only be the TV internally throttling it??? 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Shellshocked77.

Are you still having this same issue? If so, let's try changing your DNS settings. Go to Home > Settings > General > Network > Network Status > IP Settings > DNS setting > Change to Enter manually > DNS server > Change to 8888 > OK.

Let us know if this makes any difference.

0 Likes
Shellshocked77
Apprentice
Options

Thanks ChrisM.  I tried what you suggested and it seems to be a bit worse!  So in summary when I do a WiFi connection speed check on the TV using the Internet browser it shows the TV connected at around 30Mb. However when I access the preloaded Netflix app on the TV and go the setting settings and check the connection speed, it only shows 6.5Mb connection?!?!?!

0 Likes
Shellshocked77
Apprentice
Options

Thanks ChrisM.  I tried what you suggested and it seems to be a bit worse!  So in summary when I do a WiFi connection speed check on the TV using the Internet browser it shows the TV connected at around 30Mb. However when I access the preloaded Netflix app on the TV and go the setting settings and check the connection speed, it only shows 6.5Mb connection. 

0 Likes
writers
First Poster
Options

I'm not certain whether Verizon throttles or not, but ever since we switched to Verizon (at twice the speed as COX), Netflix will not stream the movies at HD quality. I did not cancel COX for two weeks into the Verizon subscription so in the middle of a movie that Verizon kept at low resolution and had to keep reconnecting, I switched to COX and had no problem with HD. I don't know if they're throttling, but it certainly doesn't work as well - at twice the rated speed.

Leo J. Harrah
write my paper

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Shellshocked77  Have you  tried resetting the Smart Hub or/and  a factory reset plus disconnecting from the mains for a minute and Network Reset.  If no joy you could try rebooting your router.

Netflix have some general troubleshoooting which you may find useful if you have not  looked already , though mainly referring to troubles with video playing  at all Netflix Troubleshooting

Hi @writers  same advice applies,however just to point out that this  is the European community and whilst anyone is welcome to post you may also wish to look at the US  forums  as take it you reside in US(though you may have been on there)   Could be you will need to get in touch with Verizon https://us.community.samsung.com/

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.