Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix ESN not support

(Topic created on: 16-09-2021 07:24 PM)
Martin Anthony
First Poster
Options

I have tried everything to get my Samsung smart tv to open the Netflix app but unsuccessful.

I realise that the Netflix ESN is not supported.

don’t know wheat this means as all other apps seem to be working including Showmax which is similar to Netflix 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
AndrewL
Options

@Martin Anthony: Please can you confirm the model number of your TV, located on the sticker on the back of the device, along with where you're currently based? Do you get any error messages when you attempt to open Netflix? 

0 Likes
Martin Anthony
First Poster
Options

Hi Andrew - I am based in Johannesburg- South Africa.

model: UA40EH5300R

when I open the app it says “we’re unable to connect you to Netflix. Please try again or visit www.Netflix.com/tvhelp for guidance”

some advised that I should move the arrow keys up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right,up,up,up,up - when I do that it come is as “ESN:”

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Martin Anthony: Are you able to access Netflix on other devices in your household? This is quite an old set, so it may be the case that Netflix have discontinued support for this model. Have you tried reaching out to Netflix support directly for clarification regarding this? 

0 Likes
Martin Anthony
First Poster
Options

Hi Andrew - yes I am able to connect to Netflix on my laptop and connecting to my TV via HDMI cable at present. 
I have also contacted Netflix and they say that the issue is with Samsung as it is their app on the Smarthub that is the issue and also that the device is also Samsung - this is out of their ability to manage/rectify.

0 Likes
Ger Jones
First Poster
Options

Hello, I am having the same issues. Any help please?

0 Likes
Maya6
Apprentice
Options

Did you solve that problem? I have the same issue with UE46ES5500. Maybe this is not a new model, but Netflix app is preinstalled, without Uninstall option, so I presume that it should work 😕 

0 Likes
Ger Jones
First Poster
Options

Hello - I spoke to Samsung support for 3 weeks waiting for it to be resolved. I had to perform a master reset on the tv. And set it up almost like I did when I first had it. That seemed to work. 

0 Likes
Maya6
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for quick reply and it is a great news, at least for you :winking-face:  Maybe it will work for me as well. But what you meant by master reset? How did you perform it?

0 Likes
Ger Jones
First Poster
Options

No worries! This is the part that I had to call Samsung support for. They talked me through everything over the phone - and stayed on to make sure it was sorted. Can’t honestly remember how it all worked (sorry)

is there something in the support section on the tv options maybe? Sorry I can’t help further. 

0 Likes