Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Netflix app refuses to open (Samsung Q6F)

(Topic created on: 19-10-2018 09:07 PM)
nathanpower
Apprentice
Options

Netflix app stopped opening a couple of days ago.

- When highlighted in the smart hub, no preview shows

- When enter pressed to open app, loading indicator appears for a moment and the smart hub re-opens

Have tried

- Smart hub reset

- Full reset

- Power cycle (at plug, and removing from back of TV)

- Reinstalling app

- Turning off `open last app' in settings

- Changing router DNS to Google (8.8.8.8)

- Restarting router

All other devices can stream netflix, and use router. All other apps on TV work fine

TV Details:

- Model code: QE55Q6FNA

- Software version: T-KTM2DEUC-1025.0, BT - S

New TV, very frustrating, please advise?

Go to solution
30 REPLIES 30
Solution
fatpaul
Apprentice
Options

Thanks AB26!!

1. My QA55Q6FNAJXZK also have the upgrade.

2. Just go to https://www.samsung.com/hk_en/support/ and input your TV model and the according support page will come out for you to download the firmware.

3. it is a .exe file (compressed file).  You need to download to your PC first.  Then double click to run to decompress.

4. After decompress, you can find an "upgrade.msd" somewhere in the decompressed folder.

5. ***** You need to copy the "upgrade.msd" to the ROOT FOLDER of an USB drive.

6. Plug the according USB drive to your TV.

7. The TV can detect it and ask you whether you would like to browse the USB drive.  You can IGNORE it (i.e. no need to browse the USB drive).

8. Go to setting -> Support -> Firmware upgrade.  If there is no "Manual upgrade", you can just select "Upgrade Now".  After 2 sec, the manual will tell you there is an USB drive plugged and whether you would like to upgrade from the USB drive.  Select "Yes".

9. Let the TV to do the rest to do upgrade.  It costs around 3~5min.

Done!!  It's great!!!!!

There is really a problem:  Really don't know why the TV cannot do the online upgrade to discover this updated version and do the upgrade over the air but need the user to manually download and upgrade it!!!!!?????

nathanpower
Apprentice
Options
Thanks all, resolved now
LeoFla
Journeyman
Options
Hey everyone. I have the UE55NU7400 model running 1024 version. Tried entering my model into hk support but not recognizing model. Anyone else have this problem? Can any moderator help?
0 Likes
AB26
Journeyman
Options

Try the UK website, must be a european model https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE55NU7400UXXU/

LeoFla
Journeyman
Options
Thank you!
0 Likes
Alvin_P
Journeyman
Options

my tv is KU6900, the version is 1511. 

I've tried to update the software by copy the 1311 file to usb, it does not work and it showed "my tv already have the most updated version 1511..." 

0 Likes
LeoFla
Journeyman
Options
Downloaded the latest firmware to usb and now im back up and running!
0 Likes
Honey10
First Poster
Options
My samsung smart tv won't detect the upgrade.msd file, it just shows 'There's no available update for you at the moment.' or something like that.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Honey10 ,

are you placing the file extracted on the root directory of a blank USB memory? 

0 Likes
Honey10
First Poster
Options
Would you mind walking me through it? I'm using HP Chromebook and I'm not that familiar with it. Thanks!
0 Likes