Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Netflix app refuses to open (Samsung Q6F)

(Topic created on: 21-10-2018 08:48 AM)
nathanpower
Apprentice
Options

Netflix app stopped opening a couple of days ago.

- When highlighted in the smart hub, no preview shows

- When enter pressed to open app, loading indicator appears for a moment and the smart hub re-opens

Have tried

- Smart hub reset

- Full reset

- Power cycle (at plug, and removing from back of TV)

- Reinstalling app

- Turning off `open last app' in settings

- Changing router DNS to Google (8.8.8.8)

- Restarting router

All other devices can stream netflix, and use router. All other apps on TV work fine

TV Details:

- Model code: QE55Q6FNA

- Software version: T-KTM2DEUC-1025.0, BT - S

New TV, very frustrating, please advise?

30 REPLIES 30
fatpaul
Apprentice
Options

My TV has the same problem!!  There was no problem a couple of days ago.  When I would like to watch Netflex yesterday, it cannot be opened.  I tried to remove the app and re-install again.  The app can be removed but cannot be re-installed.  I reset the SmartHub and the App appear again but still cannot be run.

My one is QA55Q6FNAJXZK 4K TV

IvanYan
First Poster
Options

same problem here! :i-love-you-hand:

still can not fix it right now! 

AB26
Journeyman
Options

Same issue with new samsung Q6A49, netflix and dailymotion apps, not able to load completely while youtube app works. Tried all the above DNS manual, reset smart apps, power off, firmware update etc..
Accessing using the TV internet browser give no result, video can t play either.

ChunkyBreed
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same infuriating issue on my 2018 Q6F.

Beaucarghs
First Poster
Options

Same problem exactly here. New Q6F worked nicely with Netflix including 4K streaming when first set up last week, now failing to load. All other devices stream Netflix OK, all other apps on TV OK.

paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@Beaucarghs wrote:

Same problem exactly here. New Q6F worked nicely with Netflix including 4K streaming when first set up last week, now failing to load. All other devices stream Netflix OK, all other apps on TV OK.

It should work as advertised out of the box, and should keep working. If you have to start doing resets with a new telly then I would question whether the TV may have a fault. I would always say report a TV that starts behaving oddly to your retailer especially within the first 4 weeks. When you buy a premium telly the last thing you want to be doing is trying to fix it.

LeoFla
Journeyman
Options

I have exact same problem with my NU7400.  I have gone through countless threads  and tried every suggestion to no avail.

I rang customer care and they were basically no help. They said they would send me out a flash drive with the newest software update for the tv. Don’t see how this will help as I have the newest software on it already as it’s a new tv.

Samsung moderators should have picked up on this by now. It seems like a very common problem from what I seen. If you are paying a premium price for a premium product you’d expect a better service. 

Kiki2312
Student
Options
Same problem here! Started a couple of days ago, nothing works! Very infuriating! My model is 2018 Q6F.
Mickalonius
First Poster
Options

I have a QE55Q7FNA and the same issue Netflix just stopped loading.  I have tried unplugging and resetting TV but nothing seems to work, maybe related to a firmware upgrade?  I am currently on 1025...