Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neo QLED TV doesn't power up after some idle period

(Topic created on: 24-10-2022 11:19 PM)
Tymofii
Apprentice
Options

Hey community,

I've recently purchased Samsung QN95B 55" Neo QLED TV (QE55QN95BATXXU) and it misbehaves in a quite weird way. I've noticed that I cannot power it up using my remote AFTER my TV stays powered down for a while (like overnight). I have to unplug power cable from my One Connect Box and plug it back again to bring TV to life. It doesn't react to any buttons on the remote unless One Connect Box is rebooted by disconnecting it from mains.

I've raised it with Samsung support and they've advised to reset my TV (settings) to see if behavior changes. I am going to do this, hopefully, today. The challenge is that I won't be able to confirm until like next day...  as I said, it works fine while it's "warm" if you know what I mean. If I turn if off and then immediately (or few minutes after) turn it ON using remote it works fine. It then stays powered down overnight and becomes unresponsive the following day.

Quite a weird behavior. Samsung support advised to DISCONNECT IT FROM MAINS every night, because you know "it still consumes power and may impact the TV". I am like - "WHAT?!". My old Samsung Plasma TV was connected to mains for 11 years in a row and haven't had a single problem. If this is new Samsung policy, then it's a joke :smiling-face: I'd rather switch to LG! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

26 REPLIES 26
Rachel Gomez
Journeyman
Options

If you’re having difficulty getting your TV screen to display anything but a black screen, it’s important to work out if the TV is switched on and just displaying a black screen, or if the TV isn’t powered on at all. The first thing that you should look for is the standby light, this can usually be found on the lower middle or lower right of your TV. The standby light will be lit when your TV is turned off and unlit when it is turned on.

Kindly follow the simple troubleshooting tips shown in below video:

The standby light is onClick to Collapse
Press the power button on your TV remote
If your TV doesn't turn on, press the power button on your TV
Please note: the location of the power button will depend on your TV's model. See your user manual or download an e-manual for information about your specific TV

If your TV turned on, please check the TV remote whether it is working on not?
If your TV didn't turn on, please contact Samsung Support
The standby light is offClick to Collapse
Disconnect the power cable from the TV and power socket and reconnect it.
Check the main socket by connecting any other device like iron or other appliance.
If TV has One Connect Box (OCB), remove the power cable and Active Optical cable and reconnect.
Note: First reconnect the Active Optical cable.

If your TV didn't turn on, please contact Samsung Support
The standby light is flashingClick to Collapse
This is a sign that your TV is unable to turn on. Please contact Samsung Support to resolve your issue.

Greeting,

Rachel Gomez

0 Likes
Lplunkett
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, I have just had my tv replaced by Samsung because of this fault and now the second Tv is doing the same thing, it’s going back to Samsung!

Rob_NL
Journeyman
Options

I bough  2 weeks ago a brand new NEO QLED 4K 55QN95B and als my TV showed some strange things the first week in use (beside the excellent oled image)

1. The reason why I bought this TV is its low powerconsumption at night (0,1 Wh), but unfortunately I measure it consumes 15,7Wh during standby, measured by my power measurement device. This is a poor and rather disappointing. deviation from Samsung specification and I seriously doubt the verification and validation of the end of line tests in the Samsung Manufacturing Facility to remove the faulty parts before assembling the customer ok part.

2. Sometimes the TV doesn’t startup after overnight standby. This is very poor. Also here I doubt the quality of the software in relation to the power electronics.

These are flagship technology’s used by Samsung which come with a high salesprice. I expect from Sansung an 8D report on this failing product.

In a couple of days the TV is replaced by another new one, if that is from the same production batch I doubt if the 2 above phenomenons are solved. 

I keep you updated.

Ethan Fitzpatrick
Journeyman
Options

I’m currently having this same issue with the 85” tv. I am on my second tv in one month and same problem! Anyone know of fixes?!? 

Ethan Fitzpatrick
Journeyman
Options

Did your replacement fix the problem? I’m on my second and still has the same issue. 

Rob_NL
Journeyman
Options

Update :

My TV has been replaced by a new one.

One thing I noticed that after installation of the TV no software update was needed . ( The previous TV immediately asked for a software update)

Secondly, the standby power is now 2,5W, I clearly hear a relay in the one-box module that is swithed on or switched off, that indicates my previous TV had a failure while that relais was not activated at all.

So, now the TV goes realy into sleepmode, the problems are solved. ( als with leaving the sleepmode to startup the TV works fine now)

0 Likes
Temmy28
First Poster
Options

Did you figure out what the issue is? I'm in my 2nd set of a 75 inch QN95B and it's doing the same thing, I also have a friend that bought the same TV on the same day I bought mine and he's having the same problem, Samsung are providing basic troubleshooting steps that clearly doesn't address the problem, I hate to return the TV again but I can't power cycle a $3200 TV every day in order to be able to watch it. 

0 Likes
Rob_NL
Journeyman
Options

well, It must be a failure on the motherboard as the relay ( which you should/ can clearly hear when the TV is powered up ) stays silent.

If you cannot hear this relay switching noise when the TV is switched on or off the failure is obvious..

0 Likes
rudyg123
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue with my 85" QN95B. Forced to unplug and re-plug in every day in order for it be powered up. Started happening about a couple of weeks after getting the TV. We had the TV professionally mounted and now we have to deal with this? We haven't reached out to Samsung needs to provide a permanent solution. Hoping this is a software, not a hardware issue.

Samsung, are you listening?