Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neo QLED Connection Guide (QN95A, HW-Q950A, nVidia Shield PRO)

(Topic created on: 10-12-2021 02:59 PM)
SmeagolRO
Apprentice
Options

I'm trying to learn how to configure/connect properly the following devices: 75QN95A, HW-Q950A, PS5, nVidia Shield PRO.

If I connect all the devices to the One Connect Box (OCB), then I'm having issues with the DTS streams and TrueHD from the nVidia Shield (NVS). For some reasons, no matter what settings I'm attempting, the OCB doesn't support properly passthrough of the sound to the HW-Q950A. The sound interrupts every 30 seconds (TrueHD) or goes out of sync completely for DTS. Obviously, I'm using HDMI3 for HW-Q950A.

If I'm connecting first the NVS to HW-950A and then back to the OCB via eARC, things seams to work fine, but then the TV doesn't know anything about NVS as a source; also it seems that I'm getting sporadic issues with HDMI eARC connection: from time to time it is recognise only as HDMI instead of HDMI-eARC. It is not consistent, I cannot underpin a certain pattern.

I think I'm using good quality cables (Delock) , I can squeeze out 4K@120hz from PS5.

Am I missing something? What am I doing wrong?

P.S. 

For the moment I'm connecting the PS5 to the OCB port 1 and set the audio output to AV Receiver/LPCM.  It seems to work just fine.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

A Quick How-To on Connecting Devices to QLED TV

https://www.samsung.com/my/tvs/blog/a-quick-how-to-on-connecting-devices-to-qled-tv/
0 Likes
SmeagolRO
Apprentice
Options

Based on that guide, everything must be connected to the OCB, but that raises the issues that I'm underlying. Also, the guide is from 2018. It may be relevant still, but it doesn't detail the settings involved.

0 Likes
SmeagolRO
Apprentice
Options

...it may be that the title of the post is misleading as well...

0 Likes
Members_GDm92xn
Journeyman
Options

Same here: Nvidia shield directly connected to Soundbar leqdsnto hdmi connection between qn95a an Hw-950a,  no more earc - randonly

0 Likes
Members_GDm92xn
Journeyman
Options

Same here :

Shield directly connected to Soundbar : No earc on startup, only arc.

Have to disable earc after startup and then set earc to Auto again, after that it works until next start

0 Likes