Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help setting up my 40Nu7120 tv picture

(Topic created on: 09-08-2019 03:08 PM)
Boysie
First Poster
Options

I recently bought the Samsung 40NU7120 and can't get a clear picture in 4k on my xbox one 's.  I have tried doing it myself but the whites are too grey and the black isn't dark enough. Has anyone got this TV with a sharp picture whiles on xbox? If so could you tell me the settings you have please. Thanks 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@Boysie: Here's a few things that you can try. On the TV, please go to Settings > General > External Device Manager > HDMI UHD Color > On (If you move to the HDMI connector with which you want to use the HDMI UHD Color function and press the Select button to set the function to On, the TV screen flickers).

You can also Use HDMI Black Level to adjust the black level to compensate for low black levels, low contrast, or dull colours generated by external devices: Settings > General > External Device Manager > HDMI Black Level

On the Xbox One S itself, go to Advanced Video Settings and select 'Allow 4K'. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Boysie
First Poster
Options

I have HDMI UHD colour on already and the HDMI black level isn't accessible but is on Auto. My xbox is set up for 4k but getting poor picture quality so tried doing it myself but the whites are grey and blacks too low. I have gone through all the settings but can't get a sharp picture quality. My 1080p looks better on basic settings.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Boysie: As far as I'm aware the Xbox One S offers 4K upscaling on games/media, and only offers true 4K via the Blu-Ray Player. With this in mind try setting the video settings to 1080p on your Xbox with the 'Allow 4K' option active to see if this helps.