Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Nearly set on fire

(Topic created on: 30-05-2022 01:22 PM)
Anthonymark1986
Apprentice
Options

I need help just sitting here ans corner of tv started sparking and its melted and caused lines on the tv, i rang samsung and cant really understand the accent but apparently i will get a call back tomorrow or monday, anyone else had this issue resolved??? I would just like my money back, it was brought brand new on ebay and they told me i had to call samsung, i want to buy a new tv now so i dont have to wait but dont want samsung offering me vouchers

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You bought from Ebay
How do you know it was brand new?
So you won't have warranty details from the retailer, and the retailer is passing you off onto Samsung
This clearly sounds like something is not right.
I suspect that as you didn't get it from a recommended retailer. Getting your money back will be a case of going back to the seller and getting your money back from them.
As Samsung wasn't the retailer, they wouldn't be liable for any refunds
Also the warranty may not be covered either. You'd have to check the small print on this one.
I hope you get the resolution you want.
But on this one your going to have to get onto the seller
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's up to the seller on Ebay to refund your money, your contract is with them. Don't let them fob you off.
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Anthonymark1986: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with your TV. We take matters or customer safety very seriously, so you did the right thing in reaching out to our support channels to raise the matter with us. Following contact from the relevant team an engineers inspection will be arranged to verify the root cause of the problem, and a resolution will be offered based on the engineers findings. I understand that the situation is far from ideal, and recommend that you do not attempt to use the set again until the proper investigations have been carried out. 

Anthonymark1986
Apprentice
Options

Correct brought from a ebay shop, they buy direct from samsung, they have informed me to first contact samsung

0 Likes
Anthonymark1986
Apprentice
Options

Its a authorized seller on ebay, they buy new from smasung

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
They may say they buy direct from Samsung, but your transaction is through that seller.

Question everything before committing to buying from Ebay. The site is full of imported goods, second hand and reconditioned goods sold as new.

I'm sure the Samsung repair team will be able to provide a solution for you and be able to advise if it has a current warranty
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Anthonymark1986: We're here if you need us, therefore if you're based in the UK or Ireland, and you require further support, then please don't hesitate to send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and we can get the issue escalated for you. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

Anthonymark1986
Apprentice
Options

Yes its 5 months old, all through bank card on ebay, the store i brought from on ebay are a proper store they have 4 shops in the uk, its not just been brought from god knows where, there a reputable shop. I have gone through samsung and also emailed this shop so fingers crossed

Fantastic
Pathfinder
Options
I recommend going to carry and PC world because they have tVs 📺 😉 from Sony to Samsung and other brands too
0 Likes