Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My TV will freaks out when used as a display for my PC

(Topic created on: 10-09-2018 04:54 PM)
hebbihebb
First Poster
Options

So I recently purchased a new Samsung 55" 4K TV upgrading from my 48" 1080p TV that I put in my bedroom. The old TV had no problems what so ever being used mainly as a PC monitor but the new one is acting up. When I turn on the TV after it has been turned off for some time it will kind of freak out when it connects to the PC. The screen will flicker on/off once or maybe two times and even show green flickering stripes all over. Then everything is fine. Some times the green flickering will persist and turning the TV on/off fixes the problem. 

Now the computer is connected to the new TV with a 10m hdmi cable that workes just fine with the old TV but maybe there is a problem because the resolution of the TV is higher. I initially thought the TV was broken but this does not happen when the tv is connected to my PS4 or when using Netflix or at least not as often. My TV model is UE55NU7455 if that matters.

Should I return the TV to the shop and have it checked out or should I explore buying better hdmi cables for 4K, I'm not sure.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Wayne10
Pioneer
Options

Try a different shorter cable first.

Make sure HDMI UHD colour is Off.

Try connecting wirelessly.