Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My TV reads the USB but does not load

(Topic created on: 31-12-2019 03:56 PM)
Fminiawi17
First Poster
Options

My Samsung TV had 2 USB drives connected and haven't been ejected, removed or even touched. It was working the night before and just the next day it won't. Nothing changed. I don't understand and what's going on and I tried looking in other forums to find an answer but I couldn't. Help, please !

3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options
@Fminiawi17: At this stage please can you confirm the model number of your TV, located on the sticker on the back of the device, and I will look into this further for you.
0 Likes
Merino-Noir
Pioneer
Options

I have exactly the same issue with my TWO Samsung TV's .  They BOTH were working fine, reading and playing video from USB memory sticks up till ablut 2 weeks back.

a UA40J6200 with sw T-HKMFUABC-1530.0   and a UA32K5500AWXXY  WITH SW T-HKMFKUABC-1241.5

And the problem with BOTH tv'S started at the same time!

I have tried USB sticks Samsung Branded and formated as NTFS, FAT32 and exFAT.  I have also tried other brands of USB.

Sometimes they work but most times they do not - the onscreen is the non spinning wheel of death!

I have performed a factory reset of BOTH TV's

Samsung support tell me they are BOTH running the latest software

I am advised by Samsung that the fix (ha ha) is to take BOTH on them to a service centre for possible mother board replacements 

Of course the USB s work just fine with my Win 10 PC AND with a suitable adaptor cable when connected to my Samsung S5 phone.

My current work around is to use an adaptor cable to connect the USB to my Samsung S5 phone, then use VLC on the phone to start the video then set the phone to Screen Mirror to the TV.

I expect if I was able to roll back to earlier sw versions the problem may be fixed.  Anyone know how to go back to earlier sw versions??

0 Likes
ILikeGolf
First Poster
Options

I have the same. So annoying!!!.. had the USB stick in the TV for like 2 years, with all photos and videos on and works fine, then one time goes to spinning wheel. Tried another few USB sticks and got one to work, and then next time I turned on the TV, back to the same. TV is UE55MU8000TXXU.  

All the same USB sticks work perfectly with the other samsung TVS in the house - which are UE32H5500AKs. Maybe as they haven’t had the software update or other? C’mon Samsung help us out. I bought this TV so would be great for running through our pictures and vids on big screen tv.

The idea to screen mirror is a good one but shame have to.

0 Likes