Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

My TV (QE58Q60TAUXXU) won't start correctly after 1 year 3 months of ownership

(Topic created on: 09-07-2022 10:04 PM)
OMM98
Journeyman
Options

Last night my TV (QE58Q60TAUXXU) turned off by itself and since then I have been unable to turn it on again. The best way I can describe its behaviour is: it is stuck on a power boot up mode and will fail every time it tries. I am stating this because I can see the pilot light being on > turns itself off > screen seems to attempt to light up > pilot blinks > pilot back to being on, this in a constant loop.

This is what I have tried so far, unsuccessfully;

1. Try reboot with the remote by pressing the power button for more than 5/10 seconds (have done this before when the TV got stuck)
  2. Unplug the TV from the mains, wait more than 60s to power up again
  3. Unplug the mains lead from both the TV and the socket, waiting 60 seconds
  4. Switch off the switch that is plugged into, wait 60s and during this time press the start button on the TV (to drain the power?)

I am naturally quite upset about this, it's my 4th Samsung TV/Screen product I own and so far all well but this is the first large format TV I have bought and it just so happened to fail 3 months after the warranty finished, the TV is only over a year old. I just do cannot comprehend how a £1k TV only lasts 1 year... 

Any ideas, anything I can try?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
OMM98
Journeyman
Options

Last post from me, I have received a brand new TV today thanks to Samsung's after-sales department, once they could not repair it they offer me 3 solutions (trade up, replacement or money back) and I got a replacement TV of almost the same type...

Spot on Samsung's customer service, all a bit slow but OK with the solution that they have given me.

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
zimma71
Voyager
Options
All electrical items have a 2 year warranty BY LAW...in UK and Europe
Who told you its out of warranty?

0 Likes
OMM98
Journeyman
Options

@zimma71 wrote:
All electrical items have a 2 year warranty BY LAW...in UK and Europe
Who told you its out of warranty?

Hey, thanks for the reply. It is published in Samsung’s own UK website…

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/warranty/

zimma71
Voyager
Options
Has this just had an update, its a smart tv I'm assuming so it's a very big tablet in reality.
Can you not factory reset or back up ifrom settings on it.
As one would with a pc.
It could have dropped Internet while updating.. Just an idea
0 Likes
zimma71
Voyager
Options
As there seams to be a lot of devices stuck in a loop after update...
0 Likes
OMM98
Journeyman
Options

Hi Zimma71,

I am not sure regarding updates, both my TVs (yes both Samsung Smart TVs) have auto-updates so it notifies me when an update has happened, I do not know if it tried to do one when this issue started I am afraid.

Unfortunately I cannot reach any of the menus, the screen won't turn on at all, only lights briefly turns itself off, standby light blinks twice, standby light permanent illuminated, standby turns off, screen lights briefly, all in a constant loop.

0 Likes
OMM98
Journeyman
Options

Update: I have asked for a repair from Samsung which they derived me to their local aftersales supplier (Emsted Ltd in Coventry) who charged me £50 to come home, pick up the TV (was told diagnosis / repair will happen at home) and diagnosis is that an LCD panel (not sure if there is more than one) is faulty and requires replacing.

Unfortunately Samsung does not have and will not have stock of this part so been asked to provide proof of purchase (29th March 2021 - £750 spent) and a Samsung team will make contact with me to offer me an alternative solution...

Stay tuned...

0 Likes
C2022
First Poster
Options
  1. I have this same issue with a less expensive version. It seems that Samsung tvs are not the move anymore. I would be livid paying 1k plus and the thing only lasts a year. Imma try Sony next. This is ridiculous. 
0 Likes
OMM98
Journeyman
Options

Sorry to hear that, all I can say is contact Samsung customer service and book it in for a repair, you never know... In my case it all ended up well.

0 Likes
Solution
OMM98
Journeyman
Options

Last post from me, I have received a brand new TV today thanks to Samsung's after-sales department, once they could not repair it they offer me 3 solutions (trade up, replacement or money back) and I got a replacement TV of almost the same type...

Spot on Samsung's customer service, all a bit slow but OK with the solution that they have given me.

0 Likes