Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Samsung tv won’t update

(Topic created on: 24-10-2019 03:33 PM)
Julia_W
First Poster
Options

So my Samsung tv is connected to the internet and the internet is working just fine however the system update part of the menu is light gray and it won't let me press it. The problem with this is that I'm getting an error ( ERROR_EXE_001 ) which can only be solved with an update. What do I do ? 

14 REPLIES 14
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Julia_W wrote:

So my Samsung tv is connected to the internet and the internet is working just fine however the system update part of the menu is light gray and it won't let me press it. The problem with this is that I'm getting an error ( ERROR_EXE_001 ) which can only be solved with an update. What do I do ? 

Hi @Julia_W  Have you tred  updating  by USB by downloading the firmware on the Samsung Support site if you do not have the latest one  just enter your model no- I would check but you have not listed it. 

If still issue ideas to try   facory reset switching off Tv for a minute and rebooting router .   You could also change the DNS settings. Go to Network-Network Settings-DNS Settings. Change from Automatic to to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
SueV
First Poster
Options

I see that you can update the television manually but why are is the software update greyed out? That needs to be fixed.
Why is the self diagnosis disabled? 

0 Likes
Glennco02
First Poster
Options

My samsung tv (UN49M5300) will not open the software update section and appears how you are describing while I have the youtube app open, however if i exit out so its just playing regular tv (Antenna TV) it will open no problem. Maybe you could try this... My problem is that although I can get to the software update section I still can not get my tv to update via internet directly from the tv nor downloading it to my computer, unzipping it and putting it on a usb drive. Anyways, Good luck.

Peterjamesv
First Poster
Options

I contacted Samsung directly and Here is what worked for me.

1 Turn on your TV and make sure it is connected to the Internet . Press the Menu button on your Samsung remote control and then select Settings. Support tab and then select Software Update. If the Software Update option is greyed out, please exit and change your TV source to Live TV, then return to Software Update.M

Aiomah
First Poster
Options

Thank you soo much it worked 😀

0 Likes
APPFORTHAT
First Poster
Options

Worked!!!

Mahwash
First Poster
Options

Thanks but no updates available since 2020. Is that same for others?

0 Likes
JTWoodall
First Poster
Options

Same here.  Still crashing and no updates were available.  Probably going to have to return the TV.  Last Samsung product I will EVER buy.  Same thing happening with my brand new Samsung appliances.  They just quit working until I flip my breaker and completely disconnect them from power and reboot.  Garbage.  Samsung has gone to hell.

0 Likes
83mike83
Apprentice
Options

hi all, my Samsung UE55F8000STXXU is playing up, as I load an app say Netflix the tv then freezes then shuts off and restarts. 

I've tried updating using USB but it does not recognise the update "no valid update file found".... is it too old now? surly not. any tips?

ThanksMike

0 Likes