Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Samsung series 8 65 keeps disconnecting remote

(Topic created on: 10-11-2018 01:25 PM)
nbar
Journeyman
Options

Every day or two my remote disconnects from my TV. Even pressing the return and forward keys it doesn't connect. I have to turn TV off unplug it, plug it in turn it on then it reconnects to the remote. I expected better on a high end TV.

97 REPLIES 97
Madmaus
Navigator
Options

Well you shouldn't accept it. I am not sure where live and what you're rights are but they should work. Probably the wifi/Bluetooth module is broken. 

Dcp2020
First Poster
Options

No solution.  The problem has only gotten worse.  I need to reach out to Samsung support, but based on everyone else's replies, I don't know how much good that would do.   I really hope they find a solution because it is driving me crazy. 

0 Likes
twistaeczka
Apprentice
Options

They changed my BT modul after 3 months again disconnecting. Now I will try to get new TV ... 

0 Likes
Stewartw
Explorer
Options
fingers crossed for you, let me know if you get anywhere. I have a 5 year extended warranty and intend to report it again shortly as I have also noticed some banding particularly on sports channels
0 Likes
Madmaus
Navigator
Options

That's *****. 

You also can buy a new remote on AliExpress. 

They use infrared and should work. 

twistaeczka
Apprentice
Options

I try other remote and I'm pretty sure the problem is BT Modul , they produce invalid ones ! I will let you know guys what they say after contact. For me if they can't fix it. They should give me new TV because this one is broken. I let them try once. Now I don't need more repairs with no effect.

Madmaus
Navigator
Options

I hope you get it fixed. 

Otherwise:

€ 2,36 25%OFF | Smart Afstandsbediening Vervanging Voor Samsung Hd 4K Smart Tv BN59-01259E TM1640 BN59-01259B BN59-01260A BN59-01265A BN59-01266A
https://a.aliexpress.com/_v1VA6Z

0 Likes
WJB
First Poster
Options

Problem Fixed (For Me)

Still early days and will update if things change.

Once I removed Samsung Smart Things from my Samsung Galaxy Phone the TV remote stopped disconnecting.
The TV and Sound bar were available through Smart Things and I thing the remote and App was clashing.

Hope it can help someone else as well.

0 Likes
TMH_8
First Poster
Options

I am now experiencing this issue with my TV remote as well. Like the above thread.

I'm in Australia and have tried all the tips on this thread.

It is disconnecting every other day, and sometimes it takes 10 goes to reconnect it, and that is turning tv off at the power source. 

Please help

UA65NU8000WXXY

0 Likes
Stewartw
Explorer
Options
I've just had an engineer out and are replacing the communication board as well as the panel (dead pixels). Guy went into engineer settings and could see all the faults, I had 6 years warranty through richer sounds so if you have warranty get it used ASAP