Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Samsung series 8 65 keeps disconnecting remote

(Topic created on: 10-11-2018 01:25 PM)
nbar
Journeyman
Options

Every day or two my remote disconnects from my TV. Even pressing the return and forward keys it doesn't connect. I have to turn TV off unplug it, plug it in turn it on then it reconnects to the remote. I expected better on a high end TV.

97 REPLIES 97
TheMainPlott
Apprentice
Options

Same problem with my UN65NU8000FXZA.  If I don't use the remote consistently for a day or so, then I have to wait for it to re-pair (flashing light) before it will work.  It automatically tries to do this, as I don't have to hit any buttons, but is very frustrating.  

0 Likes
Dcp2020
First Poster
Options

I’ve been having this issue for the last few months. The first year+ that I had the the TV I had no issues. It first started disconnecting once a week or so, then a few times a week, and lately its been multiple times a day. I’m very disheartened to see that so many other users are having this same issue, and this thread has been open for over 2 years and I haven’t seen any Samsung reps respond with any new information or fixes since it was opened. I am going to try analyzing my WiFI network to see if that is a potential fix, considering some of your suggestions, but I really hope Samsung comes out with a fix soon. 

0 Likes
SirS
Student
Options

Since I’ve gone to a wired connection we have not had this problem in a while. We also got rid of our cordless phone associated with our LAN line at the same time. Not sure if it was the wired connection or the removal of potential interference that solved the issue. 

0 Likes
Madmaus
Navigator
Options

Yes same problem. 

Suddenly my TV started losing connection. Never happend in 2 years and now several times a day. 

0 Likes
GeeDee90
First Poster
Options
I'm having the same issue as everyone else here - remote disconnects several times a day, predominantly after I've switched the TV off. Re-pairing the remote doesn't always work - a remote restart sometimes works (remove batteries and hold power button down for 8 seconds, replace batteries), but not that often. It seems though this has only recently been occurring since a software update in the last week...
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I have the same problem after using tv q7f for over two years

0 Likes
DisappointedUser
First Poster
Options

@dcp2020

did you find a solution? My Tv did the exact same thing, worked for a year, did disconnect once a week and now does multiple times a day. 

0 Likes
Stewartw
Explorer
Options
no solutions I'm afraid, I have up in the end, worst customer service I have ever had and I certainly won't be buying Samsung again because of it.
how can all these people have problems and Samsung do nothing.... disgraceful
0 Likes
Madmaus
Navigator
Options

Just buy a cheap remote on AliExpress. 

Or the problem is the original remote or the Bluetooth module on the TV.

If there is no warrenty Samsung isn't going to help. 

0 Likes
Stewartw
Explorer
Options
I had a warranty they sent me a new remote which didn't fix it and said that is all they can do. absolute joke
0 Likes