Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Samsung series 8 65 keeps disconnecting remote

(Topic created on: 21-07-2021 07:05 AM)
nbar
Journeyman
Options

Every day or two my remote disconnects from my TV. Even pressing the return and forward keys it doesn't connect. I have to turn TV off unplug it, plug it in turn it on then it reconnects to the remote. I expected better on a high end TV.

97 REPLIES 97
twistaeczka
Apprentice
Options

Hi guys. Long time I wasn't here but to the point they finally fixed it. They took my TV at the end of March and gave it back at the end of April the next day I went on vacation and forgot to let you know. This time the motherboard and panel (I still don't know which one) have been replaced. 
Since then everything works as it should so let's hope it stays that way.
Greetings

0 Likes
Stewartw
Explorer
Options
My 75 inch had dead pixels and bamding and was loosing the remote all the time. New panel installed and Bluetooth controller, all brand new from Samsung. New panel worse banding and bleading all along the bottom oh and still loses the remote 🤣. Waiting to see what they suggest next 🤷‍♂️
0 Likes
Hitch24
First Poster
Options

I have had a Series 8 65", model UN65NU8000FXZA for a little over 2 years now without an issue.  Suddenly the remote is disconnecting daily and when I searched the issue this thread popped up on top.  So disappointed that this has been such a constant problem with no fix.  Hardwiring is not an option for me and there has been no new equipment to interfere with the signal.  Looks like an aftermarket remote is the best option.  Very frustrating.

0 Likes
Bonza
First Poster
Options

I fixed mine!!!

I just had issues with the same thing, the remote would cut out after about ten seconds and I would have to remove the batteries as only the power and volume buttons would work. I had been loading a 2T hard drive to watch movies and it started to glitch. The TV still had 1.6G of free space to run.

With the TV on, I held down the power button until it switched off and switched back on. The remote has been working fine since and my sound bar is connecting again too. 

I'm not sure if this technique is meant to do something else but it has worked for me. 

I haven't even had the TV a week, if it does it once more I'll be taking the TV back after reading these threads. 

Let us know if this trick works for anyone else. 

0 Likes
Mithunv
Student
Options

I have this exact same problem. Also a 65in 8 series.

0 Likes
Mithunv
Student
Options

Yea, same for me.

0 Likes
Markkeli
First Poster
Options

What was the model of your tv? I have same issue, Q9F65 2018 model. I have also done everything but the remote still keeps losing the connection after day or two. 

In EU there is 2 years of guarantee for TVs so this is going to be a problem

0 Likes
tinzo
Student
Options

This helped me with one thing Bonus.

Sometimes I have to unplug the tv for a rest to get the remote working again. By holding power button for 10 seconds until I see QLed logo I'm resting it without unplugging the tv. Thanks 

0 Likes
t0md0
Explorer
Options

Great.. I just noticed this happening to my NU8000 65" as well. Been using my Chromecast with Google TV these past few months but recently started going back to Samsung Smart Apps w/ stock remote since my Roku in my master bedroom crapped out. Every other day I have to re-pair the remote by holding down the back and play/pause buttons. I'm not sure what I should do. It's very annoying.

0 Likes
Chrisgixer
Journeyman
Options

Same tv same problem. Response I have  from Samsung warranty support as below

Hi
Most common issue with the connection problem with the smart remotes is localized interference ...
Smart remote is a bluetooth connection ....
Do you have your router or a wifi extender or landline base station telephone near to your tv ????
If do then switch it off and stand with in 1 meter of the tv and pair the remote .....
If it works then switch the router or extender or phone back on , if when you switch it back on you have trouble again then you know you will need to relocate the router or extender or phone ....
If you don’t have any and you stand with in 1 meter and it doesn’t pair then it could the blue tooth in the tv that has failed ...
Good luck if you need us please contact again

Hope helps

0 Likes