Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Samsung series 8 65 keeps disconnecting remote

(Topic created on: 03-04-2020 04:56 PM)
nbar
Journeyman
Options

Every day or two my remote disconnects from my TV. Even pressing the return and forward keys it doesn't connect. I have to turn TV off unplug it, plug it in turn it on then it reconnects to the remote. I expected better on a high end TV.

97 REPLIES 97
Brenton5K
Apprentice
Options

Experiencing exactly same problems as listed here on my Samsung Q7.  I have a wired network connection, but tried changing it to wireless - problem persisted, changed it baqck to wired - problem jpersisted.

Tried changing the power point that the TV is plugged into - problem persisted but at least i can access switch more easily when I need to turn it off and on again.

Tried turning off the Ruckus AP alnd meshed AP that I was experimenting with but no luck. 

I had no problems for first 10 months I owned this unit but issue seems to becoming increasin gly frequent.  

Samsung's answer appears to be sending out new remotes which users report make no difference - I hope they are taking notice and are working on the poblem - it would be good to here from Samsung saying that this is the case.

In the meantime I think I will have to fork out for a Logitech Harmony Companion remote.

DerbyLad
Explorer
Options

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this but I used to have a wireless landline phone in the lounge. The frequency that these phones use, I have read, can interfere with bluetooth devices.  So, I swapped this out with a good old fashioned corded phone. Might be worth a try as I continue to have no problems with my remote after doing the above and swapping to ethernet connection.

Yes, you are quite correct, my new remote from Samsung made absolutely no difference.

nbar
Journeyman
Options

My TV had a update about a month ago and the remote has worked fairly well since. It has disconnected a few times but I could get it to reconnect pressing the FF and RETURN keys.

0 Likes
Brenton5K
Apprentice
Options

Hi Derbylad - I think you have hit the nail on the head and potentially solved the problem being discussed.  When you mentioned your cordless phone, it got me thinking about the Ruckus Access Point I had set up in the lounge room.  Yes, i did disconnect the meshed access point but had not turned off the master access point.  The master access point regularly transmits signals so that it can detect when another access point has been added to the network.  Once I moved the master access point to a diffeerent room, the problem disappeared.

It makes me wonder if devices like robot vacuums or other things with base stations  could be causing the problem for other users.

Thanks again for your very helpful post.

Cheers

0 Likes
DerbyLad
Explorer
Options

That's great news Brenton5k. 

Hopefully Samsung are monitoring these forums and can adjust their software 

twistaeczka
Apprentice
Options

Hey. Guys I had this problem also. But later jump up one more thing. Remote was still disconnecting and TV was losing connection with internet not matter if he was connected with WiFi or wired. So Samsung send to me some service guy, and he replaced main board and BT modul from this time seems good, after 2 months remote start disconnecting again...

Brenton5K
Apprentice
Options

I found the same - I thought I had it sorted and then the problem returned and keeps happening.  i think the the Samsung Q7 is too easily affected by other wifi devices - lights, laptops, printers etc.  In the end I bought a generic IR Samsung remote and I just use that when the other one loses connection.  After a day or so, the proper comes back online.

MesutC
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue with series 9 for months, random disconnection and so much frustrating loss of key presses regularly. After reading all these comments I wanted to give it a try playing with router's wifi channels. When I checked channel usage data, only CH13 seemed to be fully available for 2.4GHz without any traffic at all and I setup router to use only CH13 for 2.4GHz. This is rather too early to make a conclusion but overall remote response seems to be very much improved without any disconnection or any loss of keypress. TV is still connected over wifi btw.

DerbyLad
Explorer
Options

Hi Mesut,

I too would like to work out which channel has the least traffic.  How do you do this?  Thank you

0 Likes
5ta1da
Pathfinder
Options

The same issue here too. Every 1-3 days. So frustrating! Funny is, that remote is responding to buttons, but saying "Not avaiable. do not understand 😞

How to set another channel for TV Remote? How to total reset it? 

0 Likes