Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Samsung series 8 65 keeps disconnecting remote

(Topic created on: 27-06-2019 04:38 PM)
nbar
Journeyman
Options

Every day or two my remote disconnects from my TV. Even pressing the return and forward keys it doesn't connect. I have to turn TV off unplug it, plug it in turn it on then it reconnects to the remote. I expected better on a high end TV.

97 REPLIES 97
DerbyLad
Explorer
Options

Good question.

My iphone still connects via airplay, just tested it

I'm not an IT expert but what I did didn't perhaps turn off the wifi but stopped my router connecting to the tv via wifi

In the section on the TV where it shows the internet connection, I cancelled/deleted the wifi connection, connected my cat5 cable and then selected the ethernet option as my means of connection.

Hope this helps

Stewartw
Explorer
Options

I've alway been on cat 5 and still does it over and over again.

0 Likes
DerbyLad
Explorer
Options

Hmm, thats a shame.  It appears to have solved my problem.  My remote would lose bluetooth connection every time I used the TV.  Since swapping over to using the cat5 it has been fine.

It does make me wonder though if the whole issue isn't something to do with interference on the 2.4ghz frequency.

Perhaps there is another source of interference near your TV? 

Vlad81
Student
Options
@DerbyLad
Yeah switching from wifi to LAN solved my problem too! Switched over around week ago and haven’t got a single disconnection issue since! Nice one! Thx
0 Likes
Stewartw
Explorer
Options

hi

i have a feeling the wifi constantly runs on the TV, hence being able to share to it or flip from my phone.

Very odd and very annoying, ive just updated the firmware as they just released a new version lets see if that helps!

0 Likes
nbar
Journeyman
Options

My set is up to date still has the remote disconnect problem.

Stewartw
Explorer
Options

Yup update done and still no difference, clearly Samsung don't give a *****.

DerbyLad
Explorer
Options

Swaping from wifi to ethernet is still working for me.  That isn't a brag but just to clarify that it is still working for me.

Just a thought.  My router can emmit 2.4ghz or 5ghz.

For some reason I am now getting problems on 2.4ghz frequency with other devices.  So I am now connecting phones, tablets etc to the 5ghz and getting much better connections and speed.  Never had any of these problems before the new TV!!

Stewartw
Explorer
Options

You will get better connections and speed on the 5 GHz if your close range, 2.4 is better long distance but slower.

Glad the ethernet worked for you 👍

0 Likes
Asvec
First Poster
Options

I have had the same problem for a few months now. My tv is connected via network cable not wifi. My remote disconnects every day, and weirdly enough around the same time. I wonder if it can have something to do with SamsungSmarthings - which I'm a big fan of. I contacted Samsung and they sent me a new remote yet the problem isn't solved. 

Also wondering if it could be interference due to asus wifi mesh configuration...