Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Samsung Q7c 4k tv for ps5 and hdmi 2.1

(Topic created on: 27-09-2020 10:46 AM)
Prempz
First Poster
Options

Hi there , as you all know the ps5 is coming out very soon and want to prepare for its release. My question is does my Samsung Q7c 4k smart TV be compatible with the ps5 ? The reason I ask is because i think this model has a 2.0 hdmi and for the best experience I'm hearing that having a 2.1 hdmi is the way to go. I'm a huge gamer and would like to know if I need to reconsider getting a new TV ? Or if its possible to upgrade my one connect box to a hdmi 2.1 ?

Also my next question is everytime I'm playing on my console every 2 hrs my screen would turn off for a good 5 to 10 seconds and then re appear again ? Its been happening alot and thinking if there is a faulty with it ? Also my tv would go on standby on its own sometimes when im watching TV and yes it ain't got nothing to do with my power save being on because its switched off.

Hopefully someone from the Samsung team or anyone can help me would be much appreciated as this is my first time posting

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Meh90
Pathfinder
Options
HDMI 2.0 can’t do 4K at more than 60 fps,

HDMI 2.1 can do 4K at 120 fps and 8K at 60 fps.

so you can ps5 on your TV, just limited.
if you can return you TV for a refund and get an upgrade, there go ahead.
But most games will not be over 60 fps at 4k for a while.

Regards your second question, I thought it would be a power saving mode but you said its off. I don't have any other options.

Regards
0 Likes