(Topic created on: 01-11-2022 02:02 PM)
JamieK214
First Poster
Options

0F552B69-FD37-49FF-8D91-6AA45DA31B89.jpeg

BF20DB3A-A28C-4E50-BE90-C4555A518BDE.jpeg

A4D4DF14-236E-4652-933E-034566D808AA.jpeg

Hello.

I have a QE65Q900T 8K QLED TV that I paid around £3000 for has it’s screen peeling off down the centre and sides. I am completely shocked that a TV at this price and range would be having such a ridiculous issue that has now made it unusable. How can this be sold as a consumer product knowing that the screen will eventually peel off? Can someone please help me with this.

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23
AntS
Options

Hi @LorinA123 , Can you send our Sam_UK account on here a Private Message with your details? (See ChrisM's earlier post above in the topic for guidance.) We'd like to look into this one further for you. 

0 Likes
LorinA123
Apprentice
Options

How do I send a direct message on here?

0 Likes
LorinA123
Apprentice
Options

@Sam_UK help 

0 Likes
Members_53Ir600
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem with my 65" Q950 and Samsung support do not want to know and try to fob me off with its physical damage and not covered and I should contact a third party repair shop.  This issue is obviously well known by Samsung and they are denying peoples rights.  Anyone with this issue should cite Consmer rights act 2015 part 1 , chapeter 2, section 9 which states that a product should be of reasonable quality which includes durability which extends beyond the 12 month guarantee period taking into account price paid etc.  Samsung at least in my case seem to be passing off poor quality goods and blaming the customer.... Shame on Samsung!

0 Likes
ryangregoryrogers
First Poster
Options

hi mate what eneded up happening with this ?

the same thing is happening to my samsung

0 Likes
BKford
First Poster
Options
I've got the same issue on my 65" tv
samsung fobbing me off about physical damage eventough we've never done anything to the screen . I have a extended warranty til 2027 but they have now said this is void due to physical damage. There's clearly a problem here but they will lose customers . I have spent all week trying to resolve without anyluck.
0 Likes
DobbyD
First Poster
Options

Not sure where you are located some countries have different warranty laws ( I'm in NZ). I called and complained  to the place I bought it from and they sent a technician to see if it could be replaced.. it couldn't... they asked me to bring this big ash tv to the store. On the way there it toppled over in the van and cracked the Frame but they took it back and gave me a refund. They called there supplier who wanted the TV back since there was other TVs with the same problem. If your country has a consumer commission, file a complaint and look into your countries warranty laws. I ended up buying an LG TV. I like Samsung products but won't be purchasing a TV from them in the future 

0 Likes
BKford
First Poster
Options
That's good to here. I'm in the UK so I assume it will probably be the same law. I'm going to contact the consumer council today. At the end of my thether
0 Likes
FloKW
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue currently with My 85 inch Q900TS

did you find a solution?

0 Likes
LorinA123
Apprentice
Options

LMFAO NO. Samsung f*cking sucks. Best Buy f*cking sucks. Everyone is trying to hide this MAJOR flaw. I got a LG 4K 65 inch instead. The picture is ***** comparatively but that’s all Best Buy would give me from the credit Samsung eventually gave me for the tv. Total waste of money and time. I will NEVER buy another Samsung product again. Worst company ever. 

0 Likes