Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new Samsung TV cannot access terrestrial tv signal

(Topic created on: 16-01-2022 08:35 PM)
Corbert
Student
Options

Has anyone figured out how to get a Samsung Tv to see a terrestrial aerial? Finally managed to disconnect the annoying Samsung Smart TV but the TV does not see the aerial connection. Nothing wrong with the aerial or cables as it was working fine on my old tv. Saw a post earlier that lots of people were having similar problems. The tv is a Samsung UE43AU9000KXXU.

Thanks in advance.

45 REPLIES 45
SGS123
First Poster
Options
When you see samsung tv scroll down then yhere is a settings button, there it says setup tv. Then when you go to settings, you can now scan for channels, once you have completed the scan, terrestrial channels will then appear with the samsung channels. I had to do this as my sky box was my primary source and wouldn't pick up any normal channels
0 Likes
Ramjam07
Apprentice
Options

Thanks but my tV does not have that option in its menu so I can’t do that

0 Likes
halifaxman
First Poster
Options
I was trying to figure this out for ages. I went to settings then broadcasting then stumbled my way into getting it to scan for channels. Still didn't find HD channels though
Ramjam07
Apprentice
Options

Many thanks

This indeed did work for me

Cheers

0 Likes
Fcm84
First Poster
Options

Thank you! That was my problem. I had to remove the annoying TV plus so I can see now the TV terrestrial one. Thanks!

0 Likes
Al98765
First Poster
Options

Hello

I’m having the same problem (wish I’d found this thread before I bought the TV as I’d have probably got a different one!). I’ve bought the Samsung UE50AU7100. 

I’ve deleted the Samsung Plus Channels by going to the TV channel list and deleting them. I’ve then been able to Rescan Using the Auto Tunnings Setting to find Terrestrial Digital channels - but it only finds 26 channels, starting at 16QVC and then doing random channels after that such as 20 Drama, 21 5USA, 22 TJC and so on. But hasn’t found every channel - for example I have none before 16 so no BBC1 or 2, no ITV, 4,5 etc. And it’s only found 1 radio station. 

I know there is no problem with the aerial as the other tvs in my house pick up every channel. 

I read elsewhere that there was a Freeview app to download that has been suggested in a thread as a solution, but this doesn’t seem to exist when I search for it in apps. 

Has anyone any ideas why the Samsung has picked up some terrestrial but not the others, and what I can do to get it to receive them all? 

Many thanks!

0 Likes
omtenaj
Apprentice
Options

I too wish I had read this thread but in 2023 it dd not even occur to me there would be a problem with any Freeview channels.  I have just bought the latest Sony QN90BA 50 which does download most Freeview channels but not all.  I can't be sure which ones are missing but channel 50 Great TV and channel 52 Great Romance which i like to watch all the time will not download.  iI've retuned numerous times without success.  there are True Romance movies in Samsung plus but they don't show the same movies at the same time as Freeview so I cant start watching a movie downstairs and finish watching it in bed.  My old LG is in my spare bedroom and has no problems tuning in these channels. Neither does a cheap JVC in my bedroom.  Its only 3 weeks old so Im stuck with it for a long time. Like others I will not buy Samsung again.

0 Likes
omtenaj
Apprentice
Options

I think its to do with the tuners fitted in the TVs.  it appears Samsung would like to choose what we watch, in short their own Samsung TV plus.  I've left a review below about a TV Ive just bought. The channels missing on my TV might not be everyones cup of tea but I'm a pensioner and I like the old drama's shown on Great TV

0 Likes
grandkids
First Poster
Options
Help needed so annoyed with my new Samsung TV its fine one minute then source comes on screen saying no ariel then comes back on for a while then flickers buffers then here we go again I have a new ariel. Please someone help I'm a pensioner
omtenaj
Apprentice
Options

Sorry I wish I could help you because mine does the same. In addition to the channels it does not pick up at all there are other channels where I get the no ariel message just like you. I too am a pensioner and to spend nearly £1000 from my savings for a TV that I cant watch my favourites on makes me want to weep.  I will never buy Samsung anything ever again.  I did try Samsung customer service but found that to be a waste of time as the operative didn't seem to understand what I was saying and or was unable to assist and with my being hard of hearing its hard for me to properly understand persons with heavily accented apparently limited English.