Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new Samsung TV cannot access terrestrial tv signal

(Topic created on: 16-01-2022 08:42 PM)
Corbert
Student
Options

Has anyone figured out how to get a Samsung Tv to see a terrestrial aerial? Finally managed to disconnect the annoying Samsung Smart TV but the TV does not see the aerial connection. Nothing wrong with the aerial or cables as it was working fine on my old tv. Saw a post earlier that lots of people were having similar problems. The tv is a Samsung UE43AU9000KXXU.

Thanks in advance.

45 REPLIES 45
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Check aerial connections

Try Below
Tv menu
Source menu.
Go to the Home menu, and navigate to the Source icon,
Connect your antenna.
Select the source.Start scanning for channels. ...Complete the setup. ...

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062206/

If your Samsung TV is not getting all channels you wil need to go to the source menu and select 'TV' > then connect your antenna to the RF connector on the back of the TV and select 'Chanel Scan' > select either 'Air, Cable, or Both' and scan for all available channels that have a reliable signal.
Corbert
Student
Options

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately my TV does not have a scan function. It just has Auto Tuning Settings and then Standby Auto Tuning. It does not have the usual scan option which is odd. The Tv source automatically goes back to Samsung Smart TV even after I disable the Samsung Smart TV app. 

Samand
First Poster
Options

Glad to hear I am not alone, as I have the exact same issue with both my AU9070 and KS7000 TVs not picking up aerial signals. This is despite the fact the signal is pretty strong on a STB and all channels are available, so it doesn't seem like an aerial or cables issue.

Would be glad if somebody respond to this.

0 Likes
alibee
First Poster
Options

I am looking at buying a new Qled 4K tv but from the specs it seems Samsung do not fit a Freeview RF receiver in any of these TVs anymore. That means you need a set top box. I have always bought Samsung but if i find this to be true i will be looking elseware.

0 Likes
JayRKT
First Poster
Options

Have the same TV. The Samsung TV plus app is really annoying. I could see the UK channels on a tab but when I selected them it reverted to the Samsung TV plus app. 

After uninstalling the TV plus app I found it was replaced by a Live TV Terrestrial app. I hit set up and connect it to my WiFi and I can complete the setup, it then takes me back out and when I highlight the app it asks me to set up again. I'd advised anyone against buying this TV for Freeview. It's an absolute pain to set up (still doesn't work)

Williams Nigel
Apprentice
Options

I have exactly the same issue with my TV

willjoe
Explorer
Options

If your Samsung TV is not getting all channels you will need to go to the source menu and select 'TV' > then connect your antenna to the RF connector on the back of the TV and select 'Chanel Scan' > select either 'Air, Cable, or Both' and scan for all available channels that have a reliable signal.

Regards,

Will

0 Likes
Ramjam07
Apprentice
Options

When I go to the Source Menu, all I can see is Samsung TV under TV, so I don't get Channel Scan - Any thoughts pls?

Joy41
First Poster
Options

I have spent hours trying to get free view on my smart tv nothing works and I can’t download the app. I have now seen that some samsung tvs do not have the facilities to  receive freeview.  WHY CANNOT THEY JUST TELL YOU THAT. I will never buy Samsung again. A smart tv not.

0 Likes