Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 43" Samsung Smart TV remote no longer controls my XBOX One menus, etc

(Topic created on: 29-12-2020 09:52 PM)
alex_ncfc
Pioneer
Options

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help with this issue.

When I got my 43" Samsung Smart TV (UE43TU7100KXXU) back in October, the set-up was a breeze - it even detected my Xbox One console on HDMI1 and allowed me to control the Xbox menu functions with my Samsung remote control, something which I found very handy. 

However, despite not changing anything, no software updates or anything of that kind, it just randomly stopped working. This has infuriated me to the point of doing a factory reset of the TV, which I did this evening. But the remote still does not work on the Xbox's menus and I am at a loss. I'd really like this function to work again, and I can't see anything on the TV settings or Xbox settings side in order to restore it.

Any ideas? 

Thanks

0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31
Members_b0AeueZ
First Poster
Options

It's  worked for me take out everything in front of the tv sensor remote receptor, was simple and works right the way. 

0 Likes
MrChoco
Student
Options

This worked wonderfully, so thanks. :smiling-face:

I must say though that even though I did see my xbox on the list, it didn't give me the option of deleting it. I just selected it and then did the arrow test, and it worked on my Q90R.

0 Likes
MrChoco
Student
Options

0 Likes
MrChoco
Student
Options

One last thing, I had a little bit of a hard time finding the Universal remote set up, so.what I did was that I just pressed and held the Bixby mic button on the remote, and then just said "Open Universal Remote Set Up" and it took me right to it. :smiling-face:

0 Likes
MrChoco
Student
Options

This worked wonderfully on my 2019 Q90R, so thanks! :smiling-face:

I just had to use the Bixby voice command on the remote to find the "Universal Remote Setup" and just selected the console, then xbox, and then the test, and voila! All done! :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Atto
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem , did you manage to fix it ? and if you did how so?

0 Likes
Snow555
Student
Options

Unplug the HDMI from the TV then replug it and make sure it takes the device as XBOX with the logo when it is scanning for device. Then it can be controlled by the samsung controller 

0 Likes
Endeeaich
Apprentice
Options

It seems like people with newer Samsung TVs and remotes got it working by resetting the universal remote one way or another, but mine still does not work and I have tried everything

Z71pride
First Poster
Options

I had a similar issue after my HDMI cable was unplugged from my Samsung TV. I had to do a factory reset on my TV, and then I went to home-> source-> universal remote-> new device-> OTT box/Game console-> TV-directly-> Xbox-> HDMI #(which slot the console is connected to). It will have you press a few buttons to verify. I hope this helps!

0 Likes
donniek42
First Poster
Options

This is absurd, I contacted customer support and they tried to tell me that my remote was never universal. After I was finally able to convince them that my remote was, in fact universal, they told me, “Thank you for the confirmation, if that is the case, as the remote is working absolutely fine with the TV, I request you to please contact the Xbox support to get the accurate information for you.” Contacting xbox support about my samsung remote seems kinda crazy.

0 Likes