Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 43" Samsung Smart TV remote no longer controls my XBOX One menus, etc

(Topic created on: 06-05-2022 12:39 AM)
alex_ncfc
Pioneer
Options

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help with this issue.

When I got my 43" Samsung Smart TV (UE43TU7100KXXU) back in October, the set-up was a breeze - it even detected my Xbox One console on HDMI1 and allowed me to control the Xbox menu functions with my Samsung remote control, something which I found very handy. 

However, despite not changing anything, no software updates or anything of that kind, it just randomly stopped working. This has infuriated me to the point of doing a factory reset of the TV, which I did this evening. But the remote still does not work on the Xbox's menus and I am at a loss. I'd really like this function to work again, and I can't see anything on the TV settings or Xbox settings side in order to restore it.

Any ideas? 

Thanks

0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31
alex_ncfc
Pioneer
Options

Yeah it is really, really frustrating, I totally know what you mean there. Especially in your case as it still works with some devices but not your BT box. I jus don't understand why Samsung offer no support on this because it's obviously a common problem.

As I said above, sadly the only way I found to get around this was to get a new TV, but that was for an unrelated issue, and so far seems to be working. I just don't understand how something can just stop working and refuse to work again, even after a factory reset! There must be some way to re-activate it but nothing from Samsung.

0 Likes
Jweaver65
First Poster
Options

Hi Alex,

I had the same issue and tried something a little different. 

Have you got anything blocking the veiw from the remote to your xbox. 

If so move it and treat the xbox like a TV sensor that the TV needs to see it to control it. 

Hope this helps 

IanGD
First Poster
Options

Hello.  Just came across this post since I was having same issue.  Good news is I figured out how to fix in my case.  I did the following:

1. go to Universal remote setup

2. if xbox listed select and delete

3. select New Device->GameConsole

4. Select xbox for brand, correct input source 

5. run your up down arrow test etc and you get see model number

6. put in the model number for your xbox one (see back of console)

7.  Done . Remote now controls xbox...again

With any luck this will work for you too

KarlA10
First Poster
Options

I found the solution!

I had same issue with my 2 month old TV connected to my Xbox One S and everything worked perfect up until today. I’ve read several threads with different tips and tried setting up the controller again 10 times but it’s was really easy in the end.

Press and hold “Back button” + “Play/Pause” on your Samsung Universal controller for 5 seconds and recalibrate the remote with the TV and voila, solved!

After above, just use remote setup under source again to connect to your Xbox. 

0 Likes
Endeeaich
Apprentice
Options

I think you have a different remote than me. Mine had separate play and pause buttons; I'll see if I can find a way to reset it

Laneealexandra
Student
Options

Same here. It didn’t work for me unfortunately. I am getting so frustrated with this I’ve had this problem for way over a year 

0 Likes
KarlA10
First Poster
Options

I have the 75” Class AU8000 Crystal UHD Smart TV (2021) with the Bluetooth Small Samsung universal remote. 

Anyhow, it was the Bluetooth connection with needed recalibration only after two months. Good to know for all with this problem and same controller at least even if it unfortunately didn’t work for you.

I was so happy to figure it out since all threads I read seems to not have been a resolved.

0 Likes
Snow555
Student
Options

Thank you thank you, this solved it for me. I had the controller charging cable infront of the xbox covering the IR sensor moved it now its working again 😁

0 Likes
Bug bois
First Poster
Options

I have an LG 43 inch and had the same thing happen. I know its not the same brand, but after looking at the tv and seeing it has a similar UI, i figured id leave this here. It worked for me, hope it works for you too. (Mine was for a series X, should work on xbox one or another console)

Press the home button on your remote, go to the main dashboard or source, and look for a sign that says universal remote/control

16583008093541636072212973638590.jpg

 Click on it, find the universal remote setting for the hdmi that your console is on, and delete the setting. 

After deleting, unplug your hdmi from the tv and replug in. This should let your tv detect the xbox again and it should create a new setting for it. After a second, you'll see a notification or something indicating that your universal remote setting is working, for me, it said "magic remote enabled"

Hope this helped, sorry if it doesn't work for your TV 😕

0 Likes
thejetplane
First Poster
Options

Hey bud!

Got home from work today and my xbox came up as an unknown device. I tried a few things but the cats meow was to unplug the display cable from the xbox, moment, and plugging it back in *with the tv on. It did some detection thing, identified the device and wam bam bobs  your uncle.

TLDR! 

With the TV in the ON position:

Unplug, moment, plug back in; the display cable at the xbox.

Detection thingy happens! I have a QN49

Good luck!

0 Likes