Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 43" Samsung Smart TV remote no longer controls my XBOX One menus, etc

(Topic created on: 30-12-2020 03:24 PM)
alex_ncfc
Pioneer
Options

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help with this issue.

When I got my 43" Samsung Smart TV (UE43TU7100KXXU) back in October, the set-up was a breeze - it even detected my Xbox One console on HDMI1 and allowed me to control the Xbox menu functions with my Samsung remote control, something which I found very handy. 

However, despite not changing anything, no software updates or anything of that kind, it just randomly stopped working. This has infuriated me to the point of doing a factory reset of the TV, which I did this evening. But the remote still does not work on the Xbox's menus and I am at a loss. I'd really like this function to work again, and I can't see anything on the TV settings or Xbox settings side in order to restore it.

Any ideas? 

Thanks

0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Try reseting (factory reset) your TV to how it was when you first set it up & see if that helps.
0 Likes
alex_ncfc
Pioneer
Options

Hi @Blessed4life

Thanks for the reply, but as I mentioned in my post, I have already tried a factory reset of the TV which has made no difference.

0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi @alex_ncfc sorry for not already realising you mentioned you already done a factory reset, contact customer services, your tv is still in warranty, maybe Samsung services could send someone out to have a look at the TV.
0 Likes
alex_ncfc
Pioneer
Options

I have been doing some reading about this problem I'm having (Xbox no longer able to be controlled by the Samsung TV remote) and I found the Universal Remote screen on my TVs menu, but having tried doing what the YouTube videos explain, I *still* cannot get my TV to work as it did when I first bought it. I don't think it needs repairing or anything like that, it's obviously just a setup issue, but I did yet another factory reset of my TV last night and tried to set up from scratch, and still can't get the Xbox to recognise my TV remote. It's frustrating because I can't seem to find or see any reason why it wouldn't work like it used to.

Has anyone had similar issues with their games console and the universal remote? 

Laneealexandra
Student
Options

I am having the same issue and nothing seems to work. Were you able to fix it? 😞

alex_ncfc
Pioneer
Options

Hey, sorry I only just saw this post.

Unfortunately I never managed to fix it - I tried everything, factory resets, playing around in the Xbox settings etc, but it just never came back. I have no idea why! In the end I had to return the TV for an unrelated problem and it seems to be working so far with the replacement TV, but I am not sure what triggered it off to stop working on my previous model.

0 Likes
amg100
Apprentice
Options

Hi, just been surfing the various forums and saw this post which resonates as I have similar problem with my smart remote which, after literally years of working without issue has suddenly decided to stop 'talking' to my BT set top box (still works with PS and Firestick though) . Infuriating isn't the word and, despite trying everything in the book (as per yourself), there seems to be solution to this issue. Really strange and frustrating....

0 Likes
Endeeaich
Apprentice
Options

I keep coming back to this thread hoping someone has found a solution. I've had this issue for months now... so frustrating.

0 Likes
alex_ncfc
Pioneer
Options

It is incredibly annoying, I don't understand why Samsung can't chip in and acknowledge this issue, because it just seems to stop randomly and then whatever you do, you can't get it working again! I mean surely it should work straight after a full factory reset, but even then, nothing.

As I said above, sadly the only way I found to get around this was to get a new TV, but that was for an unrelated issue, and so far seems to be working. I just don't understand how something can just stop working and refuse to work again, there must be some way to re-activate it but nothing from Samsung.

0 Likes