Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MU6400 Freesat HD

(Topic created on: 16-12-2017 10:00 PM)
KG1606
First Poster
Options

I have just bought the UE55MU6400 Samsung smart tv and I am trying to get the freesat HD channels. When I bought it, it said that it has freesat HD built in. When I press auto tune it only shows the standard definition channels. 

What can I do?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
gordon1961
Explorer
Options

Hi. I bought the Samsung k6400 fairly recently. No mention of free sat  built in by the assistant or on the box it came in.

You would have to buy a freesat  box and satalite dish separate. At the back of the tv near the Ariel input is a satalite input, screew fit.

Hope this helps. Gordon

gordon1961
Explorer
Options

Hi. I’ve just looked at the Samsung website which states that the mu6400 is satellite enabled built in. I stand corrected.

Gordon

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Dish is required for Freestat, if the tuner is built in you just need to connect satellite cable to TV.  https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/tv-providers-and-services/article/free-tv/what-is-freesat    I purchased 6400 last month and knew about the Freestat capability but was not factor for me, have Skyq as well as Freeview.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
poor1
Apprentice
Options

This model definately has built in Freesat and Terrestial.    It can be used in conjuntion with Sky packages too

0 Likes
Olly2
First Poster
Options

Hi

Does this mean the WF65 twin that runs from current dish goes straight into Satellite input on the Samsung ue40mu6400? There is only one input on the TV despite a built in freesat tuner. Am I right in thinking this simply means I just cannot record but can still view?

Thanks 

0 Likes
poor1
Apprentice
Options

My dish connects to the TV to receive Freesat transmission and to a terrestial aerial for Freeview.  I do not have a Freesat recorder currently in use because I have Sky Q which incorporates a recorder.     Using a Humax Freesat recorder from the dish would enable Freesat to be recorded.