Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MU6195 Can't connect to my Laptop, can connect to my older laptop and Phone

(Topic created on: 08-12-2017 12:09 AM)
MA86
Student
Options

Recently bought Samsung 65" 4K UHD Smart TV UE65MU6195 cannot connect to my Laptop GL702VM running GTX1060 graphics card.

I tried using HDMI, image kiinda gets brought there but image blinks couple of times, fails to stay effective, seems to show wrong resolution and then blinks couple times and shows black screen.

I tried using wireless casting by connecting wirelessly using Windows 10 Connect feature found on bottom right.

It asks me to allow this connection and I allow it, but then TV just goes blank and doesn't show anything, the laptop doensn't recognize 2nd monitor.

I feel like either Firmware needs to get upgraded (my laptop runs 75 fps screen with HD resolution) to allow this laptop to operate normally.

My girlfriends old laptop works totally fine trying to connect. My phone connects just by finding and accepting and everything is just fine.

Only this laptop model for some reason can't accept the connection or just fails for some reason.

Is this the reason of the TV or the graphics card? Please help me with this.

I've also noticed that the TV itself has registered my laptop in the devices menu list, my laptop also has the TV itself in the display devices...

But there simply doesn't appear to be connection made in order to cast the image and audio from my laptop to the TV.

The other laptop does this 100% fine without problems from pretty much same distance away, despite being actually pretty slow laptop doesn't seem to get jammed or anything, so I doubt this is because connection isn't strong enough or there's not enough speed to run the system.

I also changed the HDMI source name as shown in options to PC, didn't work.

There's no such option in wireless casting but like I said the TV is shown in options, the TV itself has stored my computer as display.

I've also tried upgrading lastest software on both laptop and TV but there has not been a success despite this. I also tried reinstall drivers and nothing helped.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
MA86
Student
Options

EU65MU6195 has latest firmware update (version 1147).

0 Likes
MA86
Student
Options

I managed finally to get some updated information about the screen after updating my most recent drivers.

But the computer I'm running Nvidia GTX 1060 (mobile) graphics card seems to get disabled whenever I connect to the TV (using Wireless broadcasting (HDMI just blinks couple of times and then disconnects as it's always done for this TV).

I tried going to control panel -> nvidia control panel and the system said that "You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU."

So for some reason it seems like the TV doesn't understand to use the graphics card or that the Graphics card doesn't understand to stay on.

There hasn't been any problem with my older Panasonic TV on connecting by HDMI (doesn't have wireless) and yet this new Samsung TV seems to have massive problems on keeping up even the bare minimum up.

The signal gets constantly weird waves that make the image not-sharp and I can't run higher than 720p resolution it seems.

So something is definitely wrong here.

0 Likes
MA86
Student
Options

I've upgraded version 1210.8 of the firmware and same issue persists...

Are you even attempting to fix this?!

0 Likes