Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MU6100 - Plastic Base hair cracks

(Topic created on: 12-05-2021 03:43 PM)
Fede_777
Apprentice
Options

Today I noticed a couple of hair size cracks on the plastic base of my MU6100, has anyone else seen this?

IMG_1288.jpgIMG_1289.jpg

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
No, same shape base on my TV and it's fine. Where the crack is shouldn't be under stress so that is very odd
0 Likes
Fede_777
Apprentice
Options

Asked a couple of friends and at least one has the same problem but way more noticeable

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-12 at 10.52.20.jpeg

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
The ABS plastic is a fairly thin cover for a metal framework inside the stand, what size TV is it? Might be a factor as my old 5 series is only 32" so not exactly putting much force through the stand. Also, are the rubber feet okay, not uneven or visible out of place?
0 Likes
Fede_777
Apprentice
Options

Both, mine and my friend are 50 inch, nothing seems out of place.

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I have it on a glass riser stand on top of an old TV unit as I needed a couple of additional shelves for devices

IMG_20210512_154440_481.jpg

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
50" pushing down on it? Then yes the stand is most likely overloaded, the plastic stress crack shouldn't happen though
0 Likes
Fede_777
Apprentice
Options

It's the one that came in the box, if it's happening I think it's a design flaw.

PRO_MAN
Explorer
Options
OH NO ITS TOTALY BROKEN!!! 😴 don't worry its little
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Yes unfortunately, the stand is not robust enough for a 50" screen putting cantilever force on it. Have you got a safety tether on the back of the TV to your entertainment unit? If not it would be wise to install one before the stand fails completely
0 Likes