Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

MU6100 How to change country for apps

(Topic created on: 24-02-2020 02:35 PM)
Macfix
Apprentice
Options

Hello, I am changing country soon and would like how to change the apps. The instructions for older models don't seem to apply. I currently have German apps but would like UK ones (BBC iPlayer,....)

0 Likes
45 REPLIES 45
Paulh100
Explorer
Options

You must set up a vpn just to get past the license screen as I describe in my post.

Then you need to access the special country choice menu using the key combination that is right for your TV. That will allow you to change the tv to UK and download the BBC itv more4 apps etc.

Follow my instructions as closely as you can in my previous post.

0 Likes
Haggis781
First Poster
Options
That is so kind of you to take the time to try and help me greatly appreciated I have express con so I will try it out later but I am not particularly it literate! Failing that buying a Sony is the next step.
0 Likes
Paulh100
Explorer
Options

What samsung model TV do you currently have?

0 Likes
Haggis781
First Poster
Options
It is an F series model.
0 Likes
Paulh100
Explorer
Options
Does it have a remote with lots of buttons on or a little slim one with just a few buttons. Because when you need to get into the service menu to unlock the country you need the specific. Combination for that TV.
0 Likes
Haggis781
First Poster
Options
Hi, lots of buttons.
0 Likes
Paulh100
Explorer
Options

I think this is the key combination for you to get the country selection menu. But I believe that may you need to follow my instructions except use the remote buttons listed here.

https://ironsocket.com/setup/help/samsung-smart-tv-region-switch-guide

If you aren't tech savvy the vpn part might be a bit much for you. So maybe ask a friend.

All this is just friendly suggestion and if you mess up your TV don't hold me responsible. 🙂

0 Likes
TVApp99
Journeyman
Options

Instructions for UE65MU7009 (slim remote)

I Switch on the TV set (on/off button)

II Scroll down to and select "Settings"

III Scroll down to and select  "General"

IV Scroll down to and select "Start Setup"

V Enter password (usually 0000)

VI Select "Welcome"

VII Scroll down to and select "Germany"

VIII Skip the "Reset" option

IX Connection Guide Select "Next"

X The TV set wants to access the internet (select the appropriate network)

XI Most important screen(!!!) Smart Hub Terms&Conditions, Privacy Options ---> Don't select "OK" but 

1 Push the Vol button (central position)

2 Vol Up (pull up)

3 Channel Up (pull up) 

4 Push the Vol button (central position)

With the larger remote you must push

>>-2-8-9-<<  

>> = FORWARD

<< = REWIND

XII You should then see the hidden screen "Internet Service Location Setup"

XII Scroll Down and select "United Kingdom"

Follow all further steps as indicated on screen.

The UK apps only work in the UK. If you are abroad you need a VPN / Smart DNS option.

Technically, your TV set bought in Germany might be able to receive freeview (DVB-T2) channels in the UK. Access to the EPG or red button services might be limited though.

I've never operated my TV set in the UK.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Paulh100
Explorer
Options
Yes I agree, sort of. The trouble that myself and others have is that if the service menu does not appear until you have licenced the TV.
The Licence screen rejects any attempt to licence the TV if you are not licensing the TV in the region that it was made for. It just says "check your internet connection".
If you can't licence the TV you can't change the region from say Spain to UK.
The only way that I found was to licence the TV while attached by a VPN to the region it was made for. Then license it. Then change region to the country that you want apps from.
Others followed my instructions and agreed with me.
0 Likes
TVApp99
Journeyman
Options

Well, my TV is situated in Germany (as intended)  so I didn't come across this problem. This explains why I was able to register the TV and then change the apps to the UK settings. Now my Smart TV perfectly covers exactly what I wish to use it for. I receive the German channels via the internal satellite tuner with all their on demand features whilst access to the British apps is also possible without any problems whatsoever using a Smart DNS.

0 Likes