Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MU Series & Flashes When Using External Connected Device (e.g. game console, Nvidia Shield etc.)

(Topic created on: 27-12-2020 04:10 PM)
AntS
Options

Hi guys,

For anyone experiencing the green flashes when you're using a connected device on your MU series TV, can you share your:

• Full model number;
  • Full software version (Settings > Support > About This TV);
  • External device that this is happening with (and if you’ve noticed the same with other devices);
  • Connection/port you’re using (and if it happens along other connections/ports);
  • Any troubleshooting you've done already.

Feel free to post any videos/pics showing the issue, or any other relevant info too.

Us Mods will do what we can to pass that on for you guys. 👍

27 REPLIES 27
MonkeyStitch
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the quick reply

on the uk website...

Product Help & Support | Samsung United Kingdom

I type in 

"ue49mu7070"

I get two options:

ue49mu7070TXXU

ue49mu7070LXXN

I can't tell which is my TV. However, they both take the newest firmware (1290.3 - Dec 16th 2020)

Are they the same download, regardless of which link I use? I don't want to try to install the wrong software (although, you would assume that they are designed to NOT install onto a TV that is incompatible!)

ALSO 

**Have many people had time to try the new software? Has this seemed to solve the random HDMKI white and coloured flashes?**

Thanks!

0 Likes
MonkeyStitch
First Poster
Options

AH,  so on the back of my TV, behind a second, smaller. removable panel, I found a Model number tag saying "ue49mu7070TXXU".

(Oddly the software check only gives me "UE49MU7070")

I will update later this week...

Can anyone share their experiences with this software since updating...? Does it seem to of have solved the intermittent problem of the split-second flashing of white/colour with HDMI sources?

Kinda of the fence whether to wait for an "Over-the-air" update, as that might mean Samsung are more confident in it? Also concerned about MORE problems arising!!

Thanks all in advance and a merry xmas to all!

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@vangeliis  some good news on the green flashes, though will await further feedback.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@MonkeyStitch  Firmware updates are often firstly available by download to USB  before OTA.

Certainly 1290.3 is available for your model as can be seen here https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE49MU7070TXXU/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

Yes, eager  to see what other MU owners think.

I'm a bit surprised that nothing is mentioned in the changelog. Is it time for me to visit SpecSavers? :smiling-face:

Chrishorrocks69
First Poster
Options

I updated my mu6740 yesterday, played on xbox for about an hour and it's now worse, more frequent with longer and more colour. So not great.. 

0 Likes
MonkeyStitch
First Poster
Options

Not good to hear @Chrishorrocks69 ... have you tried a reset after updating?

This is why I am skittish about updating too quickly. I kinda want to wait for more feedback. I am still getting occasional, mainly white, flashes from Xbox/PS4/Blu-ray player, but they are less frequent since I did a factory reset a few weeks back

(I did a HARD reset, using the service menu access and rebooting to the absolute beginning)

My flashes are now a few a week, rather than a few a day. 

I don't want to upgrade if this means the matter is going to get worse, rather than better

Can more people chime in after upgrading to 1290.3 ?

0 Likes
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

I upgraded to 1290.3 more than a week ago and had no flashes (only used the HDMI-ARC input that's connected to my ShieldTV). Yesterday I changed input to watch BBC's Perfect Planet in HLG and when I changed back to HDMI-ARC-ShieldTV the flashes came back 😞

Not sure whether this is just a coincidence or changing inputs has something to do with it but it is so frustrating.

0 Likes