Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motion Control - Latest Generation of Samsung Smart Remotes

(Topic created on: 11-01-2022 05:47 PM)
amg100
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I was hoping someone could confirm my suspicion that Samsung no longer supports motion control for their Smart TVs.

I ask because I recently purchased a new 55" Frame TV (reasonably high end spec) and was disappointed to discover that the so called smart remote didn't offer such a function meaning you have no option but to press the cursor button(s) when navigating around the keyboard or choosing an app, very time consuming and cumbersome!!

The last time I bought a similar spec Samsung TV was about 6 or 7 years ago when I purchased a Series 8 TV (expensive at the time) which came with a remote that was able to project what looked like a little light onto the screen which would move with the control as you waved it around. This was a great feature (LG models had (and may still do?) something similar with a mouse cursor) which I still use today as the TV sits proudly in  my living room and still holds it own despite being rather old now.

Can someone advise, firstly, that Samsung no longer support this feature and secondly, when (and perhaps why?) it was done away with.  Seems really odd to go back to an old school technique when the motion control worked so well (imho).

Any advice appreciated!

Tony.

1 REPLY 1
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try Below

Samsung's Smart Hub app will block some menu options while it is open.

On the remote
Hold down the Back or Return button until your television returns to the previous screen.
This should mean your previously opened app has closed.
0 Likes