Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model UE40MU6105KXXC No 4k picture

(Topic created on: 06-04-2019 05:25 PM)
J-Jay
Student
Options

Hello there,

So I am trying to fix this most-dissapointing issues on my TV. When I first bought it, I recall watching movies in a breath-taking 4K picture but it , somehow has stopped from showing that quality picture. The most I can achieve is a decent HD viewing yet, it is not the 4k UltraHD I paid big money for..

This may be related to the lack-of-memory problem I am also trying to resolve .

Is there anyone experiencing a similar issue?

Any help would be welcomed.

Greetings!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@J-Jay wrote:

Hello there,

So I am trying to fix this most-dissapointing issues on my TV. When I first bought it, I recall watching movies in a breath-taking 4K picture but it , somehow has stopped from showing that quality picture. The most I can achieve is a decent HD viewing yet, it is not the 4k UltraHD I paid big money for..

This may be related to the lack-of-memory problem I am also trying to resolve .  

Is there anyone experiencing a similar issue?

Any help would be welcomed.

Greetings!

Hi @J-Jay ,   Do you mean actual UHD content or is  it HD  (which will be upscaled but not ), if viewing via HDMI connection do you have UHD colour enabled in settings?   Check you have the latest update for your model which is 1262.0   https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE40MU6105KXXC/ 

If still issues(which may also help with memory constraint) you could try a factory reset. Though  a storge space issue on some models which samsung looking into to,various customer experiences detailed on this thread with some receiving technical assistance (including remote support/engineer visits) and others looking at redress from retailers. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Apps-storage-space-issue/td-p/808085

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

J-Jay
Student
Options
Hello,
Thanks for the reply. What do you mean with memory constraint?
I have had remote-help already, I have also deleted cookies and tried to delete apps (cookies did not improve the TV memory-capacity , implemented apps could not be removed). The quality of the image is not 4K. When I bought it ,it was 4K now is like HD.
I am having remote-assistance this Thursday again and see if they can help...I will also keep researching for similar issues...when I first notified this to the store, they told me it must be because slow internet connection...I have 300mb optic-fibre, I think they wanted the 30-days-return-policy to expire. I think Samsung knows they have an issue with memory capacity and 4K streaming. I will consider buying more Samsung products in the future.
Once again, thanks for the info. Any other info will be highly appreciated.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi  @J-Jay, obviously you havet tried many of the "fixes " to little avail.   You will not be able to remove the pre installd apps, depends if you have added  a lot yourself but may be a general problem.   By memory constraint, I just meant the lack of available memory.   Certainly you have a very fast internet connection and unless there is a problem viewing for instance On Demand sevices, rather  than the quality issue is not at that end.   Hopefully the remote assistance will  be able to  pinpoint a way forward.  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes