Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model: LE40R88BD Factory Reset

(Topic created on: 11-09-2017 01:03 PM)
JonnieMorgan
First Poster
Options

Hi I have just bought  secondhand Model: LE40R88BD.  I'd like to do a Factory Reset on it as I cant access some of the menus and maybe update the software on it.  I dont think it's ever been updated and I think it is quite old.

I've looked as various pdf's/FAQ's but I cant find the Factory Reset procedure for this model?

TIA

Jon

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AntS
Options

Hi @JonnieMorgan.

I've edited out the serial number as it could be used to compromise your TV.

Presume from what you've said that you've followed the guidance in the User Manual (specifically page 43 for updating software and page 45 for resetting)? Using the guidance on page 42 of the manual are you able to confirm what software and firmware version the TV is on currently?

0 Likes
JonnieMorgan
First Poster
Options

Hi thanks for your reply.

Yes the manual I downloaded is for a much more recent version of the software, I can check what version exactly if needed, and some of the options on the menu differ from the pdf.

I was thinking a simple factory reset would start me afresh with a new system I could setup to my liking, as I was having some issues with the initial setup.

Jon

0 Likes
JonnieMorgan
First Poster
Options

Ant.

I have just compared the remote pictured on the pdf manual to my remote and it is very slightly different.

For instance Button 20 the "DMenu" is not on my remote also a few other buttons but thats the important one!

Jon

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@JonnieMorgan: Officially, only Samsung's TV Support team can walk you through the delicate procedure of a full factory reset whilst on a call with them.

Are you able to post a pic of the remote you've got? (And if it has any product number details on it?) I can have a check with my Support colleagues to see if it's what should've come with your model or if it's a replacement that's been picked up along the way. I'll ask if they've got any advice too - and see if a call to them for a factory reset is the best option for you here.

0 Likes
JonnieMorgan
First Poster
Options

Hi Ant.

Here is a photo,  I can't find any other identifying marks on the remote without dismantling it.

Samsung RemoteSamsung Remote

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Thanks @JonnieMorgan. :thumbsup:

I'll pass this on to the Support folks and get back to you with their advice.

0 Likes
JonnieMorgan
First Poster
Options

Thank you kindly.  Ineed to get the TV up and running, it's for my mother who is 95 and has very poor vision, and struggles to watch a smaller screen.

Thanks again.

Jon

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @JonnieMorgan.

Sorry about the delay in reply. Hope eveything is okay with you. 

My Support colleague confirmed that the TV/DTV button on the remote you've should function the same as the D.Menu one.

0 Likes