Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Missing Specifiations

(Topic created on: 20-12-2020 05:40 PM)
MartynJS
Journeyman
Options

I have a QE43Q60T TV and have searched both the User Guide and the E-Manual but they do not offer any specs for the USB ports on the TV.  Nor do they tell me the required spec for a recording device (SSD).  This is pretty poor, in my opinion.  Where can I find these specs, please?  I do not intend buying a drive only to find that it does not work.  The on screen message saying that my Memory Stick is not fast enough is about as much good a a chocolate fire guard.  I had expected better from Samsung or have I missed something?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
An external HDD will work fine. If they can work on a PC they will certainly work on a TV. Re the onscreen message you have been told what the problem is so why is that not helpful??
0 Likes
MartynJS
Journeyman
Options

I would consider it helpful if it told me how fast it needed to be.  Clearly the TV measured the write/read speed of the device and decided that the result it got was out of spec so why not give all the information and tell me why? 

That said, thanks for the information that you have given, Pugs1957.  I will order a USB 3.1 SSD and hope for the best, although I still think that I am dancing in the dark as I don't know the USB port spec.  Cheers.

0 Likes
Solution
MartynJS
Journeyman
Options

I have been advised, outside of the forum, that a memory stick would be better that a Solid State Drive.  My advisor suggests that a drive will fail sooner due to repeated access to the same memory area;  I don't have any knowledge of that so am just passing on his opinion.  I have now found a 32Gb memory stick that the TV seems to like so problem solved, I think. 

0 Likes