Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing MotorTrend App on Latest 2020 TV

(Topic created on: 06-01-2021 01:20 AM)
olimortimer
Student
Options

I previously had a UE49KU6400 (2016) which the MotorTrend app was present on, however I've just purchased a QE55Q80T (2020) and the app isn't in the store.

MotorTrend says it's up to Samsung to enable it.

Samsung tells me to post on the community forum...

So here I am, posting to "fellow users and Samsung experts" who won't be able to assist in adding the app, but Samsung assure me that Samsung developers read these forums...

I've "upgraded" my TV, yet downgraded my experience, as the TV is pretty much useless when an app that I use every day isn't on it.

2 REPLIES 2
GreyMatter
Helping Hand
Options
🤣 I've yet to see any Samsung reps in any shape or form on this forum, it's purely user content.
in answer, it could be a licensing issue and the app quite possibly isn't supported or available any longer on recent models.
these days, my TV is just a monitor. I cast or connect using OTG connections as well as streaming from other devices.
By doing this you have access to whatever want, whenever you want.
0 Likes
olimortimer
Student
Options

That sounds about right.  Basically being shunned by Samsung, which is disappointing but not a surprise.

Casting is a last resort - I find it unstable, awful quality, and means you can't use your phone, and have to make sure your phone has plenty of charge to do it!  Nothing against what you're saying, but if I wanted to cast, I may as well have saved my money, bought a dumber TV and a Chromecast!

0 Likes