Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mislead by 49" Q80T specs?

(Topic created on: 22-11-2020 01:36 PM)
paulo75
Student
Options

We bought the Q80T 49” model, and I’m a getting some conflicting info regarding HDMI 2.1

Some sites say that 2.1 isn’t available on the 49”, yet on Samsung’s official spec page, they say nothing about the 49” being left out (usually there would be a disclaimer):

Official Q80T

And to make matters even more confusing, Best Buy's site (where I bought the TV), says all the HDMI ports are 2.1:

Best Buy specs

Does anyone know for sure?

But considering that the spec page above has the 49" listed, and there is nothing about HDMI 2.1 NOT being included, I would feel mislead by Samsung if that's the case.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Stefanus1988
Pioneer
Options

Ciao sono italiano, ho lo stesso problema, dopo aver aquistato il q80t  ho scoperto che questo modello non possiede nessuna specifica per il supporto hdmi 2.1, anche se gli operatori della samsung prima dell'aquisto mi dissero tutto il contrario, ossia che supportava l hdmi 2.1, inoltre anche nel sito ufficiale europea dice che supporta tutte le caratteristiche hdmi 2.1, non e assolutamente vero, samsung fá una pubblicità ingannevole a discapito del consumatore, il q80t da 49 pollici non supporta nulla! Viene venduto a più di mille euro e non possiede nulla! Non possiede ne il FREESYNC PREMIUM, non possiede HDMI 2.1 120 HZ,  non possiede ne il VRR ne il ALMM, non possiede il LOCAL DIMMING, una vergogna, l'unico sito dove riportano le vere specifiche  sono SAMSUNG USA! sono da denunciare!

0 Likes
Brad82
Journeyman
Options

I am having the exact same issue. After a lot of research I now believe that the 49inch version does not support 4k120 gaming but 55inch and above do.. this is so misleading and a terrible thing for Samsung to do. 

I now have a TV that can't support next-gen gaming just because they couldn't be bothered to sort out HDMI 2.1 in 49inches. It is very unclear when you purchase the product..

0 Likes