Messed UP HDR on Netflix

(Topic created on: 01-10-2019 08:23 PM)
Winnijs
First Poster
Options

Helo guys. 

Just got my UE65NU7092UXXH TV.

Went on the netflix for A test. 

Ultra HD shows went well but then I switched to show with HDR and it was pretty unwatchable. 

The picture is like when there is Light or lightning or daylight it messed UP big time but in dark places its all good. 

Hope it is Netflix problem not the TVs. 

I could upload A picture .but how. ..

Or maybe some suggestion  ??? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Winnijs
First Poster
Options

IMG_20191001_213728.jpg

SeeSee

0 Likes
100pat
Pioneer
Options
Netflix and Apple TV+ will usually stream their HDR content to your TV set in DolbyVision format. At present, most Samsung TVs don’t support DolbyVision. Amazon and the BBC use HDR formats which Samsung does support. The lack of quality you see on DolbyVision videos will vary from video to video.
0 Likes
JohnZ
First Poster
Options

Hi all, I've recently had a minor but strange problem with HDR in my 1 year old UE40NU7125 TV. I usually watch Netflix 4K/HDR content through my PS4 Pro and it used to work perfect, but recently I've had this weird problem where HDR content suddenly turns washed out while it's playing. It looks like the TV stops processing the signal as HDR (without the black screen that usually displays while switching modes) as the badge that appears when pressing the info button is gone, only the UHD one remains. Strangely enough, this has only happened to me with Netflix and not with PS4 games with HDR, even if I spend way more time with those. Also I haven't recently used the Netflix TV app that much, so can't confirm whether it happens there as well. TV's firmware is up to date (1270). It doesn't happen that often and if I switch to the TV channels and then back to the PS4, HDR is back and everything looks fine again, so it's not a big deal, but I wanted to know if anyone has had the same problem. Do you think it's a weird Netflix problem, a handshake one, or could there be something wrong with my TV?

0 Likes