Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message on Smart TV

(Topic created on: 05-05-2020 10:54 AM)
TonyR
First Poster
Options

Why has my smart TV started giving the message when I go the internet that "there is a problem with this website's security certificate"? I have tried doing a factory reset and altering the clock all to no avail. Can some one please tell me how to stop this happening?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
TracyR
Options

Hey @TonyR

What model TV do you have?

Does this happen on all websites you try to visit?

:womanhappy:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes
neakmenter
First Poster
Options

Im suffering the same issue, I’ve found a workaround. 

It seems to only happen via my particular ISP, so I connect to a portable hotspot on my phone, then reboot the tv - most websites and apps will now work. And so long as you keep the tv on, you can change the connection back to your wifi and it should keep working (until next reboot anyhow)

i think that somehow, on bootup, the Smarthub section gets an internal timestamp from an internet source. This route to the timestamp source may get blocked or misrouted by your router or ISP, so it defaults to 1 jan 1970! It then can’t authenticate any websites, cos they’ve all got certificates that only become valid in the “future”!

0 Likes
Fahim1
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem 

0 Likes
TonyR
First Poster
Options

Hi TracyR,

My smart TV is a Samsung UE6400AKXXU

The message that there is a problem with a website's security certificate does not appear on every website.                               I would guess it appears on about 50% of them.

0 Likes
guns_master
First Poster
Options

Eu gostaria de estar dormindo com você e fazer você dormir agradavelmente

0 Likes
Randroid
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung UN55MU6290 and I am getting the message on YouTube:

There are problems with the security certificate for this site.

https://www.youtube.com/tv?launch=preload

Then below there are options to deny or allow but I can't choose either one.

Has anyone found a fix for this?

Lisasaeed
First Poster
Options

Me too my Samsung tv has a promblem when I go to YouTube " security certificate ptomblems" I don't know how to fix it?

0 Likes
ironman2020
First Poster
Options

Reinstall the youtube application from tv app store to fix this issue.

0 Likes
RendCycle
Journeyman
Options

Happened to me as well for Youtube apps. I tested the TV through our Wired and Wireless Internet connection of different devices. The TV managed to connect only to a new Mobile Phone's WiFi Hotspot using a different ISP but I had to reset the TV to factory settings as well as reload the apps. I was able to watch Youtube and Netflix for a while using that connection. But when I turned off the TV and turned it on at another  time, the "security certificate" error message appeared upon launching Youtube apps. Clicking "Allow" button will not do any good as the screen will just be blank for those apps.

But at this time of writing, this solution worked for me: Try going to the Smart Hub App interface, do a search on "Youtube" and click the app there in the search result to successfully launch it.  I have set my Clock to Auto by the way when I did this. You may also try directly connecting your TV to your ISP's Modem without any Firewall / DOS Protection active on it. That also worked for me before. Thus I have a hunch the TV is infected with a Malware that hijacked the TV and turned it as a part of a Botnet to use in DDOS attacks. If you allow the Malware to do its thing unhindered, it will also enable you to normally launch Youtube apps. My Samsung Smart TV Firmware is version 1242.

I am collating all the information I have and will contact Samsung Tech Support in my country to request for assistance.

P.S. If you've already encountered this issue and tried to fix it (UA40KU6000 model. I think 2016 release onwards.), you'll notice that the Youtube App is "embedded" in the TV's Operating System and therefore cannot be re-installed or removed. Only patching it is possible if there is one available. The original Youtube App has not received any patch update for some time now.

0 Likes