Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Malicious Process Blocked

(Topic created on: 20-06-2020 08:14 PM)
Mikegriffuk
Apprentice
Options

Hi, does anyone know how to get the malicious process pop up notifications stopped on Samsung TV UE50TU7000KXXU 50" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV?

Thanks

Mike

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Mikegriffuk 

Would you be able to give us a little more information on this please> When are you getting this pop-up? Are you able to send us a photo?

0 Likes
Mikegriffuk
Apprentice
Options

Hi Chris, it is happening quite frequently. It's my sons tv and uses it mainly for the Xbox and it can occur many times in one hour.  I have a photo of the pop up below. 
Thanks

Mike

1E3E241A-27E2-4EF3-9DBD-5A369866AD09.jpeg

AndrewL
Options
@Mikegriffuk: Is the issue occurring when your son is using a particular app, such as the game in the background of the above image? If so, it may be worth temporarily deleting the app, to see if the issue persists, especially if it was downloaded from an unofficial third party source, and not the App Store. If you notice an improvement with the app removed then the problem is likely to be stemming from the app itself, in which case it may be best to permanently remove it. Alternatively, please try returning the TV to its default settings by going to Settings > General > Reset > Enter PIN (default is '0000'), although please be aware that this will remove all personal data form the device, including account details you have registered to any apps.
0 Likes
ARomaneiro
First Poster
Options

I have the model UE55TU7005KXXC and I have the exact same problem. My tv keeps showing the pop-up with the same message. In my case the netflix app is not working, it crashes when we try to open it and is followed by the pop-up. But the pop-up is also showing every minute, while we are using the television to watch normal tv. It is very annoying and I've already tried all the sugestions provided in the previous answer and in other sources. Nothing works. It is not possible to remove netflix app and reinstall is also not a solution.

Nogwood
First Poster
Options

We got a q60 and had no issues. My girlfriends parents got the same model and they constantly get the malicious process blocked popup on screen. We went and did a factory reset on the tv. Made sure there weren't any apps we could uninstall, configured network settings and had dinner.. afterwards, the popups kept coming up again and again. They use Sky broadvand and a sky q box. We have reset network settings on the tv so it cannot connect to wifi and the messages have stopped, but this obviously means its an expensive monitor. Is anyone here getting the messages and not using sky (broadband router or SkyQ box)? We have bt broadband and no sky and don't get the mesaages on our tv. We cant put it down to anything else. 

0 Likes
Webmanboyd
Student
Options

Good luck getting this resolved. Mine has been happening since I purchased the TV 4 years again. Going to purchase another brand because no one from Samsung support has helped me solve this problem. 

gunsbuns
Apprentice
Options

We're currently having the same problem with ours. It's the new 'top of the line' QA85Q950TS 2020 model and right from the first start up we've experienced the following issues multiple times to the extent it's rendered the TV completely unusable 

The issues are summarised as follows:

• TV sporadically turns on and off by itself. This will happen multiple times
  • Remote control sporadically works; then doesn’t work at all; then only certain functions work; then works again (repeated). I have changed batteries and this doesn’t rectify.
  • TV originally wouldn't even play netflix from the app but after multiple resets it did but then would jump from Netflix to live TV by itself sporadically
  • Apps have disappeared and cannot be reloaded
  • ‘Smart Security’ alerts box appears/disappears and info box appears ‘Monitoring Results’ showing 598 blocked items 
  • Smart Security info box appears saying: ‘A Malicious process has been blocked…..’ 
  • Unable to reinstall apps because can’t get past ‘Terms and Conditions, Privacy Policy’ screen – screen info says: ‘Network Interference occurred. Please try again later’ but later attempts result in same screen info.

We have been in contact with Samsung on 3 occasions and they have tried to rectify over the phone but all attempts have been unsuccessful. We recently had a technician come out to inspect and he said he'd been working on Samsung TV's for 11 years and had never seen this before. He changed the one cord box and this made zero difference. He said Samsung had recently changed its operating platform and it's likely this has been hacked so a virus was now infecting new 2020 smart tv's. I don't know whether this is true or not but there's clearly a virus in our TV that hasn't come from our internet (we have 3 other tv's, computers, etc and all are fine. We also have anti-virus software ). The seller has indicated that they may need to change the main board (whatever that means) and hopefully this will remove the virus but the concern is how did the virus get there as it can happen again. They are checking with Samsung for any latest ideas on how this can be tackled without hardware change. he even asked us if anyone surfed the dark web or downloaded an app outside the app store - neither of which we had. 

This TV cost us a big chunk of $$ so they better fix it or they'll have one very unhappy and litigious customer

gunsbuns
Apprentice
Options

Samsung problem 1.jpgSamsung problem 2.jpg

0 Likes
NicP
Apprentice
Options

I started having this problem yesterday.

Constant  Smart security alert popups that disrupt viewing the TV and can only be removed by disconnecting the TV from the internet. 

the TV has had a hard reset but no luck. As soon as we connect it to the internet the popups start again. 

Have contacted Samsung support showing the two attached images and waiting for them to get back to us. 

Very disappointed with their product… the smart features are poorly implemented. 

52B52E37-9A51-44A9-8FAD-69567013E38D.jpeg

30695F44-4F27-48B7-92A2-008B95CD8965.jpeg

will update here as this progresses.