Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCM through eARC with QN95A

(Topic created on: 21-04-2022 03:49 PM)
JW88
Pioneer
Options

When are Samsung going to fix this?

For example, choosing LPCM output from PS5, passthrough option gets greyed out in TV. Changing back to Dolby in PS5 we get Passthrough again.

But then to next problem, then we are not getting good passthrough, we often get delayed audio, depending on what Dolby encode format we passthrough. It's like the tv still does something with the audio before it passthroughs.

High resolution audio works without error if I connect directly to sound system. But not if I connect to tv and try to passthrough. So it is the tv at fault, not anything else.

-------------------------
QN95A + HW-Q960A
PS5, Nintendo Switch, Nvidia Shield Pro 2019
0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30
Bookworm
Journeyman
Options

Wow that is the best news I have heard in my nearly 1 year attempt to fix TrueHD drop out issue. So you are saying somehow the Blu Ray TrueHD lossless audio is now passing through earc fine without any drop out? If so, I am definitely interested in this firmware. I was not even aware of this special HDMI firmware.

To double confirm, the blu Ray is connected to tv directly? And is the Q-Symphony working? Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
JW88
Pioneer
Options

Yes, my PS5 is connected to the One Connect Box HDMI 4. And my hw-q960a Soundbar system in HDMI3 (the e-ARC port)

It works with the q-symphony to, yes .

I can send you the firmware file, you can then put it on usb and contact Samsung support and have them install it for you. Or you can install it yourself in the service menu.

But soon 1906 will be released with new HDMI firmware included I have heard.

QN95A + HW-Q960A
0 Likes
Bookworm
Journeyman
Options

So, the only concerning part is, I was reading through avforums on that firmware and people claimed it didn't fix anything. But it would definitely be worth trying. How can I have the firmware from you? Thanks again for your time!

P.S. This is the avforums link (and the followup discussions that claim it didn't solve TrueHD dropout issue): https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-qn95a-neo-qled-owners-and-discussion-thread.2367208/post-30...

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

@JW88 

I doubt that it works. 

Q-Symphony and all other soundbar-modes like "Surround" / "GamePro" / "Adaptive"  are able to upmix a 2.0 Stereo-signal into 3.1/5.1/7.1.

I bet if you have the following setting:

- PS5: LPCM

- TV: Passthrough

- Soundbar: Mode "Standard" (without Q-Symphony or  "Surround" / "GamePro" / "Adaptive")

then you will not have any sound from the center channel (just left and right channel).

I have the same issue with my 2020 Q90T.

0 Likes
JW88
Pioneer
Options

No, I have on Standard and getting surround.

I'm pretty tech savvy on these things, so I know what the different modes do. Also I can read manual.

QN95A + HW-Q960A
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

@JW88 

Interesting, so maybe they have fixed the LCPM-passthrough issue on the 2021 models, but not on the 2020 😞 On 2020 models, you can't get a 5.1 LPCM signal form the PS5 through eArc. 5.1 is only possible with Dolby (DTS is not supported on Samsung TVs) and with Dolby, you have an audio delay.

Btw:

Q-Symphony has no "Standard"-mode. With Q-Symphony on, there is only "GamePro" and "Adaptive" available.

0 Likes
Mbmanny
First Poster
Options

I have QN90A and it still doesn’t do LPCM over 2 channels. From Apple TV or from PlayStation. Only native TV apps does it work correctly. 

0 Likes
ragnar2022
First Poster
Options

So what was the verdict on this? 

I can only use DD from my Apple TV to my qn95a using eARC to Sonos ARC. If I try Dolbly Atmos I get LPCM surround in the Sonos App when using passthrough from the One connect box. Did the update fix similar issues?

0 Likes
davidjill
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung QE65QN95AATXXU

Using Sonos Arc surround system

Connected through quality HDMI (all swapped out and replaced) 

Panasonic Blue Ray DVD player via HDMI 

Stereo works fine on passthrough

Switch to multichannel or 5.1 and sound slurs and distorts!

Software on TV latest

Firmware on DVD player latest 

Really frustrating 

0 Likes
ragnar2022
First Poster
Options

Have you set the TV to HDMI eARC Auto and digital output to passthrough? 5.1 works for me at least if the source (bluray, Xbox or whatever)is set to DD 5.1. 

0 Likes