Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCM through eARC with QN95A

(Topic created on: 05-04-2022 08:04 AM)
JW88
Pioneer
Options

When are Samsung going to fix this?

For example, choosing LPCM output from PS5, passthrough option gets greyed out in TV. Changing back to Dolby in PS5 we get Passthrough again.

But then to next problem, then we are not getting good passthrough, we often get delayed audio, depending on what Dolby encode format we passthrough. It's like the tv still does something with the audio before it passthroughs.

High resolution audio works without error if I connect directly to sound system. But not if I connect to tv and try to passthrough. So it is the tv at fault, not anything else.

-------------------------
QN95A + HW-Q960A
PS5, Nintendo Switch, Nvidia Shield Pro 2019
0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
JW88
Pioneer
Options

Well, all info there I know.

Of course I can connect PS5 directly to sound system, but then I can't play in 120hz or make use of my 2.1 HDMI ports, one of the big reasons I purchased this tv, since my audio system doesn't have 2.1 HDMI.

QN95A + HW-Q960A
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Did you see the bit that stated a firmware update cured the passthrough problem?

0 Likes
JW88
Pioneer
Options

Well, I have the latest firmware. 1904. And it is not fixed or it was fixed in an earlier firmware and got broken again later on with newer firmwares. Since both 1901 and 1902 and 1903 got taken down fairly quickly after releases after different bugs got reported.

My hopes are up, but still. It has been many months since the 2021 QN line got released, and if it isn't fixed before 2022 line gets out, it'll never be fixed.

QN95A + HW-Q960A
0 Likes
gotomasz
First Poster
Options

I have a samsung NeoQLED QE55QN91AAT and the same problem with 5.1 sound. When I play video directly from my home theater (DD +) everything works fine. When I do it via TV (audio played via HDMI (ARC)) the sound is STEREO. Before that, everything worked. I suspect that in my case the update v.1904 broke something. I only have PCM and Auto in the audio format options. "Samsung" please correct it as soon as possible.

0 Likes
Bookworm
Journeyman
Options

Is there any hope for this? Also, when can Samsung pass through TrueHD?

0 Likes
JW88
Pioneer
Options

It works for me now. I'm getting TrueHd Dolby Atmos with PS5 using passthrough to my AVR.

QN95A + HW-Q960A
0 Likes
Bookworm
Journeyman
Options

How did you verify? Was it a hardware fix or simple firmware update? The TrueHD without lpcm is dropping out/cutting off every few minutes and sometimes every few seconds. And if I use Apple TV, which is known to convert to lpcm, it's not sounding full TrueHD without lpcm conversion. The audio probably has half the volume than without lpcm conversion (but with drop out problem). So I am not convinced that lpcm passthrough is not dropping channels. Note, I am testing with 4K rip with lossless audio TrueHD track.

0 Likes
JW88
Pioneer
Options

I have the 1904 firmware and have also manually updated the HDMI firmware to 78747. Don't know what have fixed it.

I watch movies and series with retail 4K HDR Bluray discs, it lights up Dolby Atmos and I have full sound in all audio channels.

In PS5 games I have the setting for audio in LPCM and I am getting surround.

Ifor Dolby TrueHD Atmos in PS5 it is need to change to bitstream, but it is not in audio settings for the PS5, it is in the settings in the disc player app.

QN95A + HW-Q960A