Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCM support QLED 2020?

(Topic created on: 25-11-2020 02:41 PM)
jayh89
Helping Hand
Options

Sonos recently updated their soundbars to have multichannel LPCM support. I have a PS5 and I am trying this on my Q85T. However, using passthrough on TV and LPCM on PS5, I get Stereo 2.0 output. I asked Samsung and they said that the Q85T does NOT have LPCM support!? Is this true? Seems like such an oversight on Samsung's part. 

Instead, I use passthrough on TV and Dolby Bitstream on PS5 and it gives me DD 5.1, which is good but not as good as LPCM. 

101 REPLIES 101
MMyky
Pioneer
Options

They only admit false advertising that  lpcm 5.1 (uncompressed 5.1) will go through without any modification. 

Also there was not a word in any documents that the lpcm works only from tv speakers.

Pass-trough mode false advertising.

That is the key thing. 

0 Likes
Xavier77323
Explorer
Options

If your still switching your tv, I would probably ask users from the avs forum if it really works.

0 Likes
Xavier77323
Explorer
Options

Just wanted to ask, where did you buy the tv? From official Samsung website, or third party like Box, AO, Currys etc.

Also how did you get to doing this? Did you speak to them through support chat/call? 

Only asking because I got mine from Currys 

0 Likes
MMyky
Pioneer
Options

I bought the tv from third party. I live in Finland and the store was Power.

I emailed,chat and called to the samsung customer support (or technical support).

0 Likes
Xavier77323
Explorer
Options

So if you were to get the replacement, will you get it from the official Samsung website or Power?

I am going to have another go at this one last time 

0 Likes
MMyky
Pioneer
Options

I will buy sony, but i am not sure from where. I will get it from the cheapest place. 

0 Likes
MMyky
Pioneer
Options

But if would buy replacement it would be from power.

0 Likes
MMyky
Pioneer
Options

Replacement would have been Q80A and it is downgrade from Q80T. So it is not even an option.

0 Likes
Xavier77323
Explorer
Options

Do you have all the documents in English?

0 Likes
MMyky
Pioneer
Options
0 Likes