Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCM support QLED 2020?

(Topic created on: 25-11-2020 02:41 PM)
jayh89
Helping Hand
Options

Sonos recently updated their soundbars to have multichannel LPCM support. I have a PS5 and I am trying this on my Q85T. However, using passthrough on TV and LPCM on PS5, I get Stereo 2.0 output. I asked Samsung and they said that the Q85T does NOT have LPCM support!? Is this true? Seems like such an oversight on Samsung's part. 

Instead, I use passthrough on TV and Dolby Bitstream on PS5 and it gives me DD 5.1, which is good but not as good as LPCM. 

101 REPLIES 101
underkiller
Explorer
Options

Yes i got it now:=) Thanks alot mate, sent you some questions on pm

0 Likes
MMyky
Pioneer
Options

I mentioned this to Underkiller earlier, but I will now share it to all of you.

To get the LPCM work on Samsung TVs you only have 1-4 options available.

1. Every time you watch a movie attach hdmi cable straight to your sound system. (Cheapest solution, but also the worst one).

2.Buy external Bluray or 4K player and connect that to your sound system and use the game console only for games (extra money, extra device at your home, extra remote, extra ...)

3. Buy a new TV that supports lpcm passtrough or new sound system what has hdmi 2.1 support and enough hdmi inputs (Expensive solution, but works)

4. Try different hdmi2.1 splitters or adapters (might work, but really good adapters are expensive and/or do not fit to your purpose, not enough hdmi ports on your tv or sound system etc..)

(5). Live with the limited sound quality (not an option).

If anybody has better solutions available please share it.

0 Likes